Caribou Gear

MtMiller is gonna be ....

schmalts

My bitch for a couple days... headed out now to meet Craig in Wy for a quick lope hunt. If I have coverage I will post an update. He has been there since Sunday and I think he is getting sick of looking at lopes and just wants to get it over. Hunt opens Saturday, hope to have a couple good bucks found by then. I am posting from a phone so I am not going to do a spell check, youl' live.. not going to be the same without a camp dog, I will have to talk to Craig more I guess..

Cripes a week looking over Lopes? He better have the best of the best picked out by now. I am expecting 2@80+.

Last edited:
Just got this phone picture from cheese-head. He showed up in the area today. Miller's been there a week. Hopefully one of them gets this buck. It doesn't appear to be little.
gashillsbuck.jpg

I predict within the next week, there will be several very good bucks taken in WY and shared on this site. Can't judge a goat by one angle, but even if it's paper thin from the front, you can take away it's 16+ length, 6+ prongs and 7+ 1st quarter. It's a booner for sure.

WOW! That thing is a gagger by anyones standards. Hopefully they take him in a couple days. Good luck to all the WY antelope hunters, hopefully they post several booners here shortly.

I predict within the next week, there will be several very good bucks taken in WY and shared on this site. Can't judge a goat by one angle, but even if it's paper thin from the front, you can take away it's 16+ length, 6+ prongs and 7+ 1st quarter. It's a booner for sure.

Hope you are right.... Just got word a few days ago that I will be taking a customer of mine on a guided antelope hunt in WY. It is in the Glenrock area. I was told that the buck I killed here in MT a few weeks ago, "would be a shooter, but we can do better". 80" or nothing for me. Hoping to add another stink goat to the wall / freezer in about 11 days. That is if Miller and "cheesehead" leave any for me.

Elkwhisper

That buck you arrowed is better than 98% of the lopes taken in most areas. Good luck down there. I'm going to have my 9 year old with me hunting for one of the bigger ones I saw down there in August. Weather is supposed to be great.

Schmalts :

I m findin 'lope bt MtM'r S keepn me frm focusin' on em. d days r shrt bt d nyts r lng ( f UNo w@ I mean) . do h2 put sum gud animals on d grnd sn. lov Schmallts.

Last edited:
Found a good one thatcraig seen already,it is big. I found a lot of 75 inch stuff, maybe one over 80, need to get better look fri. Saw a group of 15 bucks toaday, what's up with tthat? A couple high 70's in that bunch! We will split up fri evening and watch our final pics till dark. Hope to have dead chit Saturday. Smoked a yote today, gun is on. Beer is ready, bye

Good luck, monkeys. Hope one of you smokes that buck. No other "smoking", please.

I saw some more pictures of the buck above, my guess is 16 tall, 6 1/4 prong, mass for 6 3/8, 6 7/8, 3 3/4, 2 4/8. 83+

Severe winds tonight, could not find my first pick at dark, saw a lot in distance but too windy to use spotter. I hope he comes to the same place I seen him this am and yesterday. Gonna be a long night, wind sucks. Have not heard fum mt yet to see if he bedded his buck.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back