Mt season over

TOM IN TENNESSEE

But State is considering a "special" season in Bitterroots where only a third of the quota was taken.
Got some buddies who have taken wolves in CN and AK---based on MT state stats on kills, MT wolves are pretty puny fellows. I have killed Coyotes that weight that much!

But State is considering a "special" season in Bitterroots where only a third of the quota was taken.
Got some buddies who have taken wolves in CN and AK---based on MT state stats on kills, MT wolves are pretty puny fellows. I have killed Coyotes that weight that much!

That's total BS, our wolves weigh in around 200 lbs on average. They kill clydesdales for fun. They are the non native species from mars, and not the one here when the first white man came through, John Wayne.:eek:

wolffourunc.jpg

You show me a coyote you've killed that weighs as much as this wolf.....laffin'

Love it when guys talk about what their buddies have done.

You must be on crack! Coyotes that weigh as much as our wolves...really?!?! Stay in your lane on topics you have a clue on!

Thats pretty funny, I have killed lots of coyotes and not one came anywhere near 80lbs.

Whats not so funny is that the FWP commission just voted 5-0 to NOT extend the season in the west fork.

FWP says no to extended wolf hunt in Bitterroot

HELENA - Montana's wildlife commission has rejected a proposal to extend this year's wolf hunt in a portion of the Bitterroot Valley.
The proposal was voted down 5-0 Thursday. It would have allowed the hunt to continue in the area near the Idaho border until April 1.
Fish, Wildlife and Parks Commissioners said they were reluctant to approve a piecemeal extension of the hunt instead of taking a statewide approach. They also said they did not want to disturb a wildlife study under way.
Hunters had pushed for the extension, citing a decline in elk numbers. Just six wolves have been killed out of the area's quota of 18.
Montana's wolf hunt ended on Wednesday. The 166 wolves reported killed as of Thursday equal 75 percent of the state's 220-animal quota.

Considering that a lot of the wolves in Montana came from Canada to begin with I would think genetically they are not small wolves. Heck our coyotes here are 50-55lbs on the top end!!

Trapped the hell outta yotes for yrs and weighed every 1.....my biggest ever was a 47# male.I bet a wolf born in the spring would weigh that in the early fall if not more.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back