Caribou Gear

MT residents thoughts on Steve Bullock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you really sure?

How is it that the historical record shows grape vineyards in northern Scotland that are not possible in today's relatively colder climate? Assuming you would not deny that historical climate record, do you suppose that the higher temps were man made? Was there a global government intervention that saved us and reduced the global temp to a point that was to much and food growth became a problem? They must have over compensated?

People who believe that they are the cause of this tragedy and can somehow gain redemption through a handful of dictators and politicians that are promising the guilty they can fix the problem they caused by simply giving up their personal freedom to suffer for their wrongs, are being used and deceived like never before. Truly diabolical.
Where are you getting this tripe? Even the deniers are now saying the warming is real, but now they are trying to make the case that people aren't the cause.

It's the entire data set, not a few chosen points that fit an agenda.

Where are you getting this tripe? Even the deniers are now saying the warming is real, but now they are trying to make the case that people aren't the cause.

It's the entire data set, not a few chosen points that fit an agenda.
More tripe for you to wade through Rob.

To my knowledge the only record keeping entity at 1100 A.D. was the church. Our fits in the time periods between the holocene warm period (when the glaciers that carved out the lands that wet live in now, melted) and the little ice age that produced the glaciers that are currently melting. (Ended about 1850 A.D.)

One method to study climate change over the years locally is through pollen counts that are layed down each year in lake bottom sediments. Interesting research has been conducted at Foys Lake in NW Montana.

I think the take home message here is that we have a better chance of fixing climate change than fixing stupid. And I’m not too optimistic about the former.

Have a good day.

More tripe for you to wade through Rob.

Well isn't that frightening! How are we ever going to control the sun? We must figure out what we have done to cause this and immediately cease or we could die in the next 5 years. If Bullock were smart he would be forming a commission vowing to get to the bottom of the issue and the drastic measures that must be undertaken by the U.S. in order to get the rest of the world to follow us, if there is to be any hope for survival. Never let a good crisis go to waste.

The climate is changing and humans have an influence. How much may be contested, but it is happening at some level.
The ‘solutions’ are what I will gladly argue about.
Seems like most of them don’t even make an effort to conceal the agenda that they are pushing, while making zero effort to provide any data that the ‘solution’, when implemented, will move the needle even in the slightest on the mean global temperature.

I think it could even be proven that at times some efforts can have an opposite effect. If climate regulations push business out, to operate overseas where they can pollute unabated.
Also, only people with full bellies care about climate change. Bankrupt somebody or an entire community and they become more concerned with eating than reducing their carbon footprint.

I imagine it really agitates those that try to develop policy that see the state as having the only solution, seeing fracking for natural gas and entrepreneurs like Elon Musk doing more to eliminate CO2 emissions than the world’s governments ever will. People want a cleaner environment and when they demand it in the market, it will happen and is happening right now.

Climate change has mostly become an argument between people who don’t think it exists and people who want more tax money, a bigger government and more control over your life, but fail to demonstrate how their proposal will affect the mean temperature of the globe.

.......... Never did I dream that I would encounter so many tools that consider themselves sportsmen......

Nobody is forcing you to hang out here with "so many tools," all of whom I consider sportsmen, whether I agree/disagree with them.

So far, the posts made in your short time on this forum have been heavily slanted towards self-righteous indignance for anyone with a different perspective, with the line quoted above serving as a great example. Maybe that is all humor and entertainment for you. Whatever the reason, this forum is not a place for it.

Because of the uselessness of allowing partisan artillery to be lobbed back and forth on Al Gore's internet, I'm going to lock this thread, as it lost any value a long time ago.

To the many who seem to be attracted only to threads with political tangets, as seems to be the case for those who have joined just to post on this thread; if open-mindedness and critical thinking are bothersome to a person, the wide array of opinions expressed here by the diverse and well-informed Hunt Talk crowd will probably be very bothersome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back