NEW SITKA Ambient 75

MT Opening day

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Well, today was opening day for general rifle season in MT.

I took a friend of mine out, who is very imobile due to a hip surgery gone bad. Last year, he joined me, and I ended up shooting a very big buck, due to his bad luck.

This year, I told him I was not shooting today. So, he took this buck and a doe, within the first half hour of shooting light.

He was estatic, given that he has no choice but to sit in a chair and hope deer come to him.

View attachment 6870

Must be hard for him to swallow his current situation, as he has 7 wild sheep on the wall of his trophy room, and has always been able to hunt hard.

I am very glad for him. Not nearly as happy as he was. One shot from 160 yards did the job.

View attachment 6871

I also got a phone pic on my way home, that tells me a pretty good bull hit the ground this morning. I am sure that will show up here in the next day or so.

Hope you all had a good day today. I will start hunting tomorrow with hopes that a real dumb critter comes my way.

Attachments

• IMG_2898.JPG
    IMG_2898.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 478
  • IMG_2910.JPG
    IMG_2910.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 475
Randy, that's awesome. Your stories, advice, everything...very cool. And, to top all that, you give back. Whether it's your uncle or friend or whoever, you sure are giving. Kudos to you -- you set a great example for us to follow.

Congrats on a great opening day Randy! Well done on the assist also. I too am anxious for the story on the bull that checked out today as well.

Nice whitey and way to help out another. Good luck on your hunt. Can't wait to see pics of what you will surely get.

Way to go BF on helping out your buddy. Hope this leads to some good karma for ya.

Bigfin,

Good job helping out your buddy...I agree, with 7 sheep on the wall that would be a bit tough to take.

But, on the other hand, he should be thankful he has some good friends and had the opportunity to chase wild sheep.

I feel your buddies pain[bad hip]... Very thoughtfull for you to help him out....and even cooler that he won't let the bad leg stop him.,,,,he looks might happy

Nice story. Hey I know that guy and think I'll be drinking a beer with him Saturday possibly.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskeyRiver
Back