MT- faster draw, bigger licenses, at home printing

I'd probably go after the last two.... to Randy11's point there are tons of threads on Stackoverflow on how this is a terrible easily defeated system.

Especially without mandatory reporting, which according to the rep I talked to is no guarantee anytime soon, although there's momentum heading in that direction.

estimated that they would see a cost savings of about $1,000,000 a year by switching away from the old printed tags.

If I can save them a million dollars for 30 cents of printing and laminating, I'm on board. Makes me wonder where my $1,250 in tag fees goes though.

Challenge accepted.
Seriously though I would love to try to white-hat hack the system and send them how I did it... seems easy

The tradition of white-hat hacking is not as deeply rooted in rural tradition as bending regulations is. I doubt the over-whelming ability of the 6 fingered banjo pickers to hack the system on any measurable level.

According to FWP licensing-

-The tag will be provided by a one time use link.
-This tag will not be visible on screen.
-The link will go directly to your printer settings where you will print it (I have no idea how they expect people to only print to a physical printer rather than a PDF)
-There will be a watermark that is printed on the tag that will make it unable to be photocopied.
Damn that means I'll have to all this stuff at the office because I don't have a printer at home. We have some sweet write-in-rain paper though

The tradition of white-hat hacking is not as deeply rooted in rural tradition as bending regulations is. I doubt the over-whelming ability of the 6 fingered banjo pickers to hack the system on any measurable level.

White hat is the tech term for "good guy hackers"... I was just saying I bet well meaning folks could show them how easy it is to defeat the printer watermark thing.

I don't imagine the banjo pickers even worry about buying licenses.

I don't imagine the banjo pickers even worry about buying licenses.

Like has been said multiple times already, there are a large contingent of folks who do buy tags, and look for loopholes exactly like this.

I don't have to imagine, because I know dozens of them. I grew up with them. I work with them still. They are incredibly hard to catch because they do follow MOST of the rules. Leaving openings on things like this can be a big deal, which is why people are nervous.

Its not a black and white line of flagrant poachers and by the book hunters.

According to FWP licensing-

-The tag will be provided by a one time use link.
-This tag will not be visible on screen.
-The link will go directly to your printer settings where you will print it (I have no idea how they expect people to only print to a physical printer rather than a PDF)
-There will be a watermark that is printed on the tag that will make it unable to be photocopied.
Being the conspiracy theorist that I am.... we all know MTFWP NEVER has technical difficulties with their online systems.... now to sit back with the popcorn to watch how many sportsmen have “1 time use link issues” 🤣

Let's all stop pretending that thermal print tags stop poachers like locks stop thieves and get back at 'er. I appreciate FWP and the cost cutting measures. I have already extended a helping hand to my circle for anyone that needs assistance in creating a MYFWP profile and applying for online tags.

Being the conspiracy theorist that I am.... we all know MTFWP NEVER has technical difficulties with their online systems.... now to sit back with the popcorn to watch how many sportsmen have “1 time use link issues” 🤣

Didn't MFWP send out permits to everyone who applied to a specific unit last year instead of just the permit holders, and then had to ask people to throw out their permits.

Might look something like this.........

Let's all stop pretending that thermal print tags stop poachers like locks stop thieves and get back at 'er. I appreciate FWP and the cost cutting measures. I have already extended a helping hand to my circle for anyone that needs assistance in creating a MYFWP profile and applying for online tags.

You won't see any discount or cost savings to you. They will still charge the fees and allocate the funds elsewhere as they see it. May or may not be what you think is a good trade off. IMO...

Damn that means I'll have to all this stuff at the office because I don't have a printer at home. We have some sweet write-in-rain paper though

Who prints anything at home. Think of the costs being shifted to the private sector. Now I just need to tell the officer manager I need them to order some waterproof paper for a special project.

Who prints anything at home. Think of the costs being shifted to the private sector. Now I just need to tell the officer manager I need them to order some waterproof paper for a special project.

Make sure you have a laser printer at work ;)

Wouldn't adding $5-$10 dollars to a tag to cover the printing cost work way better than this?

Back