MT Antelope

700 series, can anyone point me to a smaller area to focus on? This will be my first antelope, and my first true western hunt with a rifle. I've been doing some research and I know the numbers are way down from what they used to be.

MFWP has this map here: http://fwp.mt.gov/gis/maps/huntPlanner/

It isn't the end all be all but it can help narrow it down. Click on the antelope distribution and that will give you a starting point.

What's the world coming to when a guy with three points can't draw Antelope tag in Montana?

That seems crazy. What zone?

I drew a 700 tag, but I had a point so it was a done deal. I have never hunted speed goats. I viewed is as a choice between hunting in the dust and hot sun with a bow, or trying to sneak up across open country on 30 pairs of eyes staring at you. I might give it a shot this year depending on how everything goes and time I have.

Will be making the trek to eastern MT again, I love Columbus Day weekend! (y)

Reactions: LCH
700 series, can anyone point me to a smaller area to focus on? This will be my first antelope, and my first true western hunt with a rifle. I've been doing some research and I know the numbers are way down from what they used to be.
Ditto what was said above, pick a couple BM areas or BLM areas on a map, do a little on the ground confirmation, and you should be good to go. Most guys don't hunt far from the truck for antelope, if you're willing to walk a little you will have no trouble finding any.

Back