Caribou Gear

MT alternates list?

Steelhead

3 years in a row unsuccessful. I heard a wicked rumor that EVERYBODY on the alternate list got offered a tag last year and there were still a few left over...hard to believe! Others say you need to be in the top 200 on "the list"...what's the real story?

Can't say for sure. I drew last year, but the year before I was someting like 275 for a combo and didn't get a tag. I think I got down to #65 or so before the season eneded.

Good luck.

3 years in a row unsuccessful. I heard a wicked rumor that EVERYBODY on the alternate list got offered a tag last year and there were still a few left over...hard to believe! Others say you need to be in the top 200 on "the list"...what's the real story?

Sorry but that is a lie. I was like number 1000+ and never got offered a tag. A few years ago I was #2 and got a deer tag though. So as long as your #2 or less you should get a tag. :D

My brother was 185 last year and like 75 the year before. No tag.

I wouldn't hold your breath unless your number is 50 or less.

I'm hoping to get the email saying that I'm #26 on the Alt. list...

Steelhead,

I signed up for the alternate list for deer this year and I figure if I don't get a number under 50 I am screwed.

We should know next week. Good luck!

You guys need to remember the number for a deer only tag needs to be a LOT lower than the deer/elk combo. The D/E combo has been given between 200-275 is what I was told a couple years ago, not sure how true the info was. I was either 205 or 105 last year and got the combo, sorry I dont remember what one it was.

The drawing has been run, and your current position is 573.

Ouch... I guess no Montana for me this year

#736 for me. The back up plan has been initiated for mulies and WT's in another state with Grizzly and Upper Deck!

Back