Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Moving to Boise ID!!!

maustin

My wife and I are moving to Boise at the beginning of the new year. We are so excited about this move as we have always wanted to live in the mountain west, and even better we got to choose this location. We visited Boise randomly on vacation 2 years ago and fell in love with the city and area ever since. We went back this past July and was looking at it from a stand point of "can we call this our home", and it was an outstanding yes! I am looking forward to getting involved with an organization like BHA and finding a good local archery shop, and etc. So any suggestion would be greatly appreciated for my wife and I to get plugged in out there with some people.

I live in Boise and I am a co-chair of the Idaho chapter of BHA and we welcome the chance to meet you and have you join our efforts in Idaho. Feel free to reach out directly. [email protected]

If you Facebook, we have an Idaho BHA page we use to post events and topics.

Congrats on the upcoming move.

Congrats and welcome, you'll dig it. A lot of people take Boise for granted that grew up here, as it's changed a lot. They seem to forget there is good camping, boating, decent skiing, elk, bears, deer, antelope, waterfowl, trout, bass, steelhead and upland birds within 45 minutes of downtown. What are your main interests?

Man, everything you mentioned.....that is what drew us to the city. I really have a passion for bow hunting and archery in general, so much so I pretty much have my own archery shop at home, and just be outside and active. The main three of hunting I do here in Tn would be deer, turkey, and ducks. I also still hit the woods for squirrel and try to find a good dove field from time to time. Its exciting to have all of these option that we/I can do!

Boise is a very "hip" city. So much to do within a couple hours drive any direction. We still have a house in Boise we are renting out. Boise has exploded since we lived there, unreal actually. The only bow shop I know in Boise (Garden City) is Dead on Archery. The North End is a pretty cool place to walk around.

Yes Archery Central in Nampa is a super place for your archery equipment, You will love the Boise area and all the things there are too hunt and fish and just to enjoy! Welcome.
Matt

Welcome (soon)!

One of the best decisions I've made in my adult life was moving here 13 years ago.

One of the best decisions I've made in my adult life was moving here 13 years ago.

Same here.

Welcome maustin to an awesome place to live and explore. I do all my own bow work as well but needed a pro shop for a warranty issue last year. Danny at Archery Central was great and doesn't come off like he's Joe Bitchin' as some bow shops can.

Back