Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Most Dangerous Animals in the World to Hunt

It has been my experience that little meat goes to waste any where in Africa. Locals are often protein starved and will use most any meat to add to the ever present chungu, cooking pot. Some local customs exclude meats in various areas, for example one area may exclude cats another crocs. Butchering an elephant can turn into a social occasion with folks coming for miles around, a real party with meat drying on bushes at the scene and at scattered huts for miles. The huge animal literally disappears. Once we had to take a half dozen young men to a church compound to be patched up by the Mother Superior. The young fellows had gotten to enthusiastic hacking up the elephant.while drinking home brew. A good time had by all. I have had to stop for camp help to pick up old flattened road killed small animals. Once I had bushmen cook up hyena backstrap for dinner. It did not taste like chicken!

A pissed off ex wife and her lawyer when she owes you marital debt :unsure:

WOW, say that three times fast. How many here would have liked BEING OWED MONEY, instead of paying money when you got a divorce. ;) John there should be a monument erected in your name;)

Happy Myles I was usually game for trying new recipes but I remember it was pretty hard getting my husband to eat RAT when in Nigeria and Century Eggs in China ,

but he did like cheese, so he would have fit right in with most of you fellows.

My dad had a mule deer buck get up with him when he went to cut his throat, him screaming don't shot was funny and dangerous as it dragged him through the sage brush. I had a friend that when he bent down to start cleaning an antelope, it kicked and almost left him sing a higher tune. He had 40+ stiches in his groin. Is that dangerous?

My dad had a mule deer buck get up with him when he went to cut his throat, him screaming don't shot was funny and dangerous as it dragged him through the sage brush. I had a friend that when he bent down to start cleaning an antelope, it kicked and almost left him sing a higher tune. He had 40+ stiches in his groin. Is that dangerous?
It's the dead ones that kill you, haha

20201121_123756.jpg
Pheasants can be dangerous. A young crippled rooster did a number on me this afternoon as I was trying to wring its neck. And I grabbed only his head too. Always try to grip them as high as possible but the bugger still flipped and slashed me. Several years ago I winged a rooster over a tulie ditch and the two Labs couldn't find it. But my Fr Britt had disappeared in the stuff so I knew she must be on him. She won't retrieve if the other dogs are working but will stay with the bird. So I called the big dogs in and waited. Eventually a couple of cattails wiggled and I sent the Labs in to help. After several minutes of the dogs thrashing in the same spot and no bird I waded in and found the rooster had crawled into a muskrat hole with only a few remaining tail feathers and his feet showing. Dogs couldn't get him out. I shortly discovered why when I reached down and pulled him out by one leg. Took three stitches to close the wound in the crotch of my left thumb. And that one was also a youngster with only nubbins for spurs.

Back