Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Most Dangerous Animals in the World to Hunt

WyoDoug

@Big Fin once said in a video "imagine if all you had to hunt with was your teeth".

Even more crazy would be imagine if every animal you hunted could fight back. Got to watching random videos and came across this one. I seldom favor trophy safaris because so many of them are trophy hunts and the meat is left to waste. However, they are legal and I respect that.

Tuskless elephant, hands down!

Damn, nailed that before even opening the link :)

Here's my first one...

cc8ce37a.jpg

Here's a video link of the shot...

The shot was a frontal brain at 9 1/2yds that obviously put it down instantly. There were 14 elephants in that herd and they initially ran away but obviously a few seconds later they turned and came right back. that's when you can hear the pH start to yell and then we ran. We ran about 30 or 40 yards and made a hard left into thick brush. Happily the herd kept right on going. the full video is pretty entertaining because you can hear the brush crashing right behind us!

Last edited:
Seems I read in Douglas Chadwicks book “ A Beast The Color Of Winter “ that mountain goats although not particularly dangerous game themselves have a higher risk than about any other North American animal because of the inherent danger of the country they live in. I’m paraphrasing but that was the basic jest of it.

Having hunted a tuskless cow I strongly concur. You spend a lot of time running away from them.

Have no experience with denizens lurking in Bozeman, at 82 have no interest in learning of them. However have chased potentially dangerous game all over Africa for decades. I believe statistics still indicate elephant kill more big game hunters and their PH’s than all the others combined. I have lost three acquaintances to Tembo. I was knocked down by a Forest Elephant in Cameroon jungle and escaped unscathed and the elephant did not. Leopard injure more hunters than all others combined, they are equal opportunity maulers. Wound a spotted cat and he is going to jump on as many folks as he can, just does not often kill them. I can personally attest to that and have the scars to prove it. Cape buffalo can absorb a lot of lead stubbonly not realizing they are dead. Hippos and Crocs kill more local folks. Hippos leave paths that are convenient for locals to use at night returning home after a night drinking home brew And meet cranky territorial hippos returning from grazing. Hippos can be tough on fishermen and reed gatherers. Kiboko are very territorial and often have wounds fighting with other bulls. Crocs hang out at spots along rivers where plains game come to drink and cross to other side. These same places the local women come to wash clothes, bathe and gossip. Crocs also are around reed gatherers if and unstable dugout tips over...... just a few thoughts

Back