More WY Pronghorns

BuzzH

Had two good friends come up for pronghorn. They originally wanted to stay about 5-6 days but they both lucked out and drew late Kaibab deer permits so they had to cut the hunt down to 3 days.

We looked over a ton of bucks the first couple days but they wanted to look over as many as possible in the short window they had to hunt.

The first couple days they also filled a few doe tags when the opportunity presented itself:

Monty made a great 268 yard shot on this doe with his 257 weatherby:

IMG_0754.JPG

Ron followed up the next morning with this doe, also shot with a 257 weatherby at 235 yards:

IMG_0755.JPG

Monty filled his last doe tag about 30 minutes after Ron shot the one above:

IMG_0757.JPG

The final day of hunting we again looked over some bucks and about noon or so they both decided they wanted to fill out their buck tags. I'd seen the buck Ron shot the day before and noticed that it was heavy, although it didnt have much for length or prong. I found him on their last day at about 12:30 pm. Ron decided to take him and I'm glad he did, cool buck IMO.

IMG_0759.JPG

Its tough to photograph his buck and really appreciate the mass...over 7 inches on the first 2 quarters. I'm not a biologist, but this buck is old, the teeth on top and bottom are worn to the gum line. Maybe these pictures will show the mass a bit better:

IMG_0781.JPG

IMG_0784.JPG

Finally, Monty shot this buck with just a few hours left in the day...a very nice pronghorn buck. He made a great shot at 363 yards in a pretty stout wind. All in all a great hunt with some great guys.

IMG_0776.JPG

It was a great hunt as always. Buzz is a first class host and a first class guy as well. Thanks again Buzz!

"More WY Pronghorns"………………………………

That are dead due to BuzzH having too much time on his hands and a insatiable need to make Lope meat:D

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dotun77
Back