Yeti GOBOX Collection

More lawsuits

Marland, I don't know about your state, but in Washington if a guy marries a woman who has kids, then they later divorce, that man will be legally obligated to pay child support to that woman for those children that he is not even the biological father of. That is the type of thing I am talking about when I say the legal system is biased against men.

WH, I think you need ot rethink that statement. Unless a man adopts those pre-existing children, he is neither legally nor financially responsible for them. He has only fiscal obligation to the children he sired.

cool.gif

Dan, that is what a rational person would THINK, but in this state the laws force men to pay child support for children that are not theirs, only for the mistake of having a relationship with the woman. Believe it or not, but it's true. He does not have to adopt them to be required by the state to pay child support. The state will take the money directly out of his paycheck.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 03-01-2003 14:47: Message edited by: Washington Hunter ]</font>

WH. Lots of things happen in this world that ain't right.
As far as the bias against men, that is slowly changing, all things being equal , ie: no abuse or any of the bad things the guy has about a 50/50 chance of getting the kids and support from the wife. I could probably do that plus get maintainance from my wife since the hours I work are less than hers 9 months out of the year and no one really know how much I do make.

My favorite is the lesbians that marry a guy have a couple 'o pups then divorce him to be with another woman. Usually though they do have jobs, and are more than willing to work with him on visitations providing he pays support. Matter of fact, I know of one guy that fought to pay support in order to have visitation rights.

Welfare mothers , true one's , are another matter totally. You might know of the one's I think of when topics like this come up. The party girls that have 2 or 3 kids, live in subsidized housing, get food stamps, welfare, report to the county who the father is (usually they give a list of three or four possibilities, it don't matter our tax dollars will sort that out)so he can kick in, they get on programs for their utilities, free schooling for their kids,etc. Yet these same "women" are out in the bars every night, joking with their friends that they need a raise so they'll have another kid.

I see now which type you are talking about, but let me ask you this, wouldn't you think that there are underlying problems there from the get-go? How many times have you heard people say "we had kids in hopes it would strengthen our marriage'

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 03-01-2003 15:01: Message edited by: MarlandS ]</font>

Back