PEAX Equipment

Another mark against hunting?

Its a shame that those things happen. Did the MT DWR repeal is outfitter/guide liscense?

So much for haffin to know the regulations when you go hunting. A clear case of ignorance is an excuse.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

That is sad.

All right, LA, I'll bite. You're right, it doesn't make us look very good. What do we do about it? Ban guide services? Ban non-resident tags? Ban guide services for non-residents? How can we prevent things like this from happening?

1P== I don't know for sure, if it was rescinded I would image it would need to be reinstated now.

dg=== I thought our knoweverything would be posting about the corrupt F&G and commissioners having their hand in this.

It does not look like this is a case of "who you know", but rather a poor case brought by a prosecutor, who failed to meet a "burden of proof" that was required.

Given that it was overturned at the 9th circuit appeals level, they are not arguing the facts presented, but merely arguing the application of law, and the standards of proof.

The mail fraud one is still open, so if their was something "fishy" going on, it too would have been thrown out. And my guess is the facts around "mail fraud" on the front end of the case are far different than the facts around the "Lacey Act" on the back end.

Lost, keep us up to date on the second one, as you seem to have the best access to the results.

elkgrin.gif
er

Elk== I agree with ya, but then the landowner in the case is Galt.I am NOT accusing anyone of anything, just some things don't look right.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 04-29-2003 09:13: Message edited by: Lostagain ]</font>

It doesn't say what he lied about to get the guy the tag? Then it was an illegal kill, geese. Then it was an illegal shipping of taxidermy work, geese, does that guy follow any laws? Major mess up there.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back