More Bad MT Elk Legislation LC2343

Ok I’m being overwhelmed by the sheer volume of shitty bills. Is there one thread somewhere that is short on comments and just gives updates on these wildlife/public lands bills, committees and hearings? At this point I’m having trouble keeping track of what bills are out there, and who to email by what deadline for which bill. I’m swamped with stuff to do but I want to make sure I’m not letting these slide.

Or any of you pros have tips for how to better keep track when I finally get home at night and have an hour to spend on this stuff? Spending that time trying to wade through all the different threads and comments to see what I missed that day seems ineffective.

I was looking on FWP's site and couldn't find a list of the districts that are over objective. Does anyone have that?

My plan is to dissolve land ownership parcels in each of those districts by landowner name, parse out all those who own more than 640 acres and identify how many seperate landowners that would be, and multiply that number by 10 within each district.

That abhorrent number will just be one thing to point to to show how F%$ing stupid this is.

JFC........ Everytime a guy turns around. Wonder what tomorrow brings...

Ok I’m being overwhelmed by the sheer volume of shitty bills. Is there one thread somewhere that is short on comments and just gives updates on these wildlife/public lands bills, committees and hearings? At this point I’m having trouble keeping track of what bills are out there, and who to email by what deadline for which bill. I’m swamped with stuff to do but I want to make sure I’m not letting these slide.

Or any of you pros have tips for how to better keep track when I finally get home at night and have an hour to spend on this stuff? Spending that time trying to wade through all the different threads and comments to see what I missed that day seems ineffective.

Montana Wildlife Federation has a good bill tracker that you can look at: https://montanawildlife.org/news/capitol-report-2021-bills-and-budgets/

It's crazy time at the legislature as bills are being rushed to pass before transmittal. That's when non-revenue bills die if they haven't been transmitted to the other side from the house of origin. It will stay this crazy until transmittal of revenue bills in March.

I was looking on FWP's site and couldn't find a list of the districts that are over objective. Does anyone have that?

My plan is to dissolve land ownership parcels in each of those districts by landowner name, parse out all those who own more than 640 acres and identify how many seperate landowners that would be, and multiply that number by 10 within each district.

That abhorrent number will just be one thing to point to to show how F%$ing stupid this is.
One area that's pretty near and dear to me has 300 either sex permits issued. At a very rough count, I have 224 landowners who own 640 acres or more, and I know I'm missing some.

2,240 either sex transferable tags in an area that currently has 300 permits issued.

One area that's pretty near and dear to me has 300 either sex permits issued. At a very rough count, I have 224 landowners who own 640 acres or more, and I know I'm missing some.

2,240 either sex transferable tags in an area that currently has 300 permits issued.
^Right here, tells you how much "thought" goes into these bills...

Wish I could say this is unbelievable, but it's just not.

Sign up for Montana Wildlife Federations "Legislative Action Team" here! Nick and the team have been doing a great job of breaking down each of these bills and giving us the tools to stay organized in this fight. The LAT has a weekly zoom meeting on mondays, but the emails from them are super helpful as well.

While I don’t disagree with you, and I am against this BS bill, I think you may be comparing apples to oranges. The way I read it was the permits would have to be used on said landowners property. Is that correct? Those using the landowner transferable tags would only be limited to hunt that property and not be able to hunt anywhere else in the unit. Like I said, I’m not in favor of this and I would think our legislature would have more pressing issues to tackle than trying to manage our wildlife.

Sign up for Montana Wildlife Federations "Legislative Action Team" here! Nick and the team have been doing a great job of breaking down each of these bills and giving us the tools to stay organized in this fight. The LAT has a weekly zoom meeting on mondays, but the emails from them are super helpful as well.
Just signed up took all of 20 seconds. Thanks for the info and thank you @Gevock

The way I read it was the permits would have to be used on said landowners property. Is that correct? Those using the landowner transferable tags would only be limited to hunt that property and not be able to hunt anywhere else in the unit.
This is correct. I think it’s still relevant just to show how many potential licenses we are talking about.

Join the Montana Wildlife Federation's Legislative Action Team by going here: https://montanawildlife.org/news/2021-legislation-toolkit/

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back