Moosie and IB 0ryx

Hntnhrd

You guys should have a blast. I just made it homelast night from a hunt on the Stallian range. A buddy had a broken horn tag. We killed a really old bull with 1 32 inch horn and the other broken half way. A guy in the hotel room next to us was an 0utfitter from Alamagordo. He took the bull last year in RC with a muzzleloader that is supposed to be the new record.
Anyway as far as judging look for an animal that is mature (big body) and has horns that look 2 and a half times the length of his face, should be a least 36 I guessed my buddies bull right on. Another buddy of mine was guiding during the hunt and I guessed the bull they shot at 36 and it measured 37.

The one I killed in Jan 2007 was 38 1/2 with 7 inch bases. I posted the st0ry here about the hunt with a pic. Look at as many pictures you can find and you can soon tell the difference between a good 1 and a mediocre 1.
RC is supposed to have the best quality animals. Find high points and glass. The stallian hunt has turned int0 a harder hunt but if you look for animals farther away from the road you will have no trouble. In 2days we had 7 oppurtunities at 75 differnt animals ( s0me missed shots and some passed). I don't have any friends that have enough Money to apply for the tags so I don't know when I will get back there. If I can help with any info just ask.
Good luck guys and shoot strait.

We're excited, We'll be packing this week !!!! We'll be taking alot of pictures and yah... probably have a good time :)

You guys should have a blast. I just made it homelast night from a hunt on the Stallian range. A buddy had a broken horn tag. We killed a really old bull with 1 32 inch horn and the other broken half way. A guy in the hotel room next to us was an 0utfitter from Alamagordo. He took the bull last year in RC with a muzzleloader that is supposed to be the new record.
Anyway as far as judging look for an animal that is mature (big body) and has horns that look 2 and a half times the length of his face, should be a least 36 I guessed my buddies bull right on. Another buddy of mine was guiding during the hunt and I guessed the bull they shot at 36 and it measured 37.

The one I killed in Jan 2007 was 38 1/2 with 7 inch bases. I posted the st0ry here about the hunt with a pic. Look at as many pictures you can find and you can soon tell the difference between a good 1 and a mediocre 1.
RC is supposed to have the best quality animals. Find high points and glass. The stallian hunt has turned int0 a harder hunt but if you look for animals farther away from the road you will have no trouble. In 2days we had 7 oppurtunities at 75 differnt animals ( s0me missed shots and some passed). I don't have any friends that have enough Money to apply for the tags so I don't know when I will get back there. If I can help with any info just ask.
Good luck guys and shoot strait.
Thanks again for the info. I remember your hunt from last year. That bull you took was a stud. Did you have any close encounters that you might have been able to take one with a bow? Any pictures from this last hunt?

Rh0des Might Be A Little Easier T0 B0whunt As I Think It Is Thicker And Hillier(if Thats A W0rd?) But 0n The Stallan This Time 0ur Cl0sest Sh0t Was 175. The Terrain Is Very Flat And Sparse C0ver. These Things Have Eyesite Like A
Pr0ngh0rn And Are Pretty Sp00ky. They Have Been Hunted 2 Days Every M0nth Since August. I'll See If My Buddy W0uld Mind If I P0sted His Pictures Here Since He Just F0rwarded Them In An Email. The 0utfitter We Met Fr0m Alamag0rd0 Was C L Hunts. Guy Was Very Free With Inf0. If Y0u See Him Pick His Brain A Little. Big White F0rd Trucks With The 0utfitt Name In The Back Wind0w.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T_allen7
Back