Montana Whitetail

Thanks everyone. I was really looking forward to spending a bunch of time this year looking for another big mountain buck, but I guess this guy was worth changing plans for.

What a great buck, on a quick opportunity like that. Did you shoot him running or did he pause to look at you?
He was actually running straight away from me, ran into a dead end on the trail he was on, hesitated for a second and stopped. I shot him looking straight away through the neck. I've jumped hundreds of deer in that brush and can probably count on both hands the ones I could've shot. He was heading away from where kaitie was set up too, and off the piece we could hunt. I'm very lucky that everything worked right to be able to get that shot off. About a hundred things could've happened different that would've resulted in him getting away.

Wow! Impressive buck man. Are you going to do a shoulder mount on him?

He's going to be a euro. I'm running out of wall space at home and there wasn't anything special about this cape. Not to mention the bear I killed last month ate up this year's taxidermy budget.

Great buck, Randy. You deserve it with the time you put in chasing critters of all sorts. Congrats.

Running out of wall and freezer space is a nice problem to have! Really awesome buck!

Big ol buck there. Have you taped him for a green score? He has tons of length, nice width and fine mass scores. I am guessing high 150's net. Any other guesses before an official announcement?

Big ol buck there. Have you taped him for a green score? He has tons of length, nice width and fine mass scores. I am guessing high 150's net. Any other guesses before an official announcement?

It's the Hobbit effect. While I'm very happy with this buck, my quest for a 150" buck is ongoing.

Back