Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Montana Toad...

Whip, congrats on getting a freezer full of yummy steaks!!!
Too bad on the big bull eluding you this year but sounds like you really put in some time. Post some pics of your elk, we always like seeing dead ones, no matter the size!

Here ya go:
024.jpg
[/IMG]

Congrats Whip! Nothing wrong with that bull at all. Sounds like you definitely put your time into that tag. Glad you were able to make it happen in the end.

Good to see you tagged out.
Way to hold out til the absolute end waiting on a monster, you did the tag justice even though you didn't take one of the giants.

Congrats, Whip. You milked every drop out of that hunt. Sometimes it comes together for that critter of your dreams and sometimes it doesn't. If you gave it your best effort, as you did, there are no regrets, just great memories.

Fin, I'm just hoping that I can have some of the same ju-ju you've got going on and draw another limited entry tag next year:) This year's hunt is one I'll never forget, and I'm fortunate to have had the experience.

So here's the question...Knowing what you do now after a long season..Will you apply for that unit again?

Drake,
No, I won't be applying for a tag there again. Chances are I wouldn't draw it anyways, and there's other areas that are less well known that offer equal chances for a big bull. I'm a meat hunter though, and that area offers excellent opportunities for a cow hunter...might be putting in for that on 2nd or 3rd choice next year.

Congrats Whip on a danged fine bull. That'll fill your belly and you've got a season full of memories to go along with him. You put in your time, congrats.

Does anyone know how to get in touch with Whip? I have a unit 380 bull tag and would like to talk with him. I have sent a few PM's but have not heard back and it does not look like he has posted on this site for a few months.

Thanks Adam

Does anyone know how to get in touch with Whip? I have a unit 380 bull tag and would like to talk with him. I have sent a few PM's but have not heard back and it does not look like he has posted on this site for a few months.

Thanks Adam

Pretty sure he still posts over at 24hourcampfire.com with the same screen name.

Back