Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Montana Republican Primary

Thanks for sharing Gerald.

I listened to the podcast last week and it got me pretty pumped up. Conservative leaning public land advocates have been in a tough spot during elections. Really happy to see republican candidates reaching out to Randy to help form their platform!

Not sure if this link is viewable to non newspaper subscribers, but this felt topical given the discussion I read above about White. This was in this morning's paper.

With Gianforte’s history of body slams, would it be acceptable to settle the election with a cage match? My money would still be on Fox, he seems tougher than the Guardian reporter.

If I was a betting person,,, and at times I am,,, Gianforte will win the primary. For better or worse, his name recognition will win it for him. As the article states, his stances aren't a problem with a large portion of the GOP base, they are a feature.

Fox is too moderate in his views to excite primary voters. His ONLY chance is if enough Democrats decide that the time to take out Gianforte is in the primary. I doubt that enough of them are going to do that.

Given Democrats have held the Governor's office for 16 years,,, it's Gianforte's race to lose. If he gets in,, there will be lots of changes enacted, I think that's a sure bet.

If I was a betting person,,, and at times I am,,, Gianforte will win the primary. For better or worse, his name recognition will win it for him. As the article states, his stances aren't a problem with a large portion of the GOP base, they are a feature.

Fox is too moderate in his views to excite primary voters. His ONLY chance is if enough Democrats decide that the time to take out Gianforte is in the primary. I doubt that enough of them are going to do that.

Given Democrats have held the Governor's office for 16 years,,, it's Gianforte's race to lose. If he gets in,, there will be lots of changes enacted, I think that's a sure bet.
Tacking to the center in a primary is just too hard in this day and age. That explains a lot about where we are as a country.

If Montanans are so darn dumb to select greg over Fox in the primary, they are beyond being able to be helped.
Montana has some of the best democrats in the country, but at the end of the day they are still democrats.
I’ve voted for Tester and Bullock twice. I’ve grown to despise Bullock for a number of reasons that are off topic on a post about the Montana GOP.

That said, if Bullock or someone I equate to him was running against Greg or someone that I equate to Greg, I’d vote for the Bullock type candidate every time and probably send money to his campaign.
The Montana GOP is so bat shit off their rockers with the Fielder, Rosendale, Gianforte, Kerry White ass hats, it’s incredible they even go out in public- oh wait, they don’t.

Tim Fox running for gov is like drinking your favorite tap beer at the brewery after being stuck at home during a pandemic with piss warm Busch Lite.
You gonna drink the beer in peace or cough all over the server and screw it up for everybody?

I kind of looked around after reading this. It sure seems like Fox is not the favorite.

Thanks for sharing. Pretty nasty flavor though Fox makes a good point, G's pouring in his own $. He's not as sure as pollsters about his lead.

Fox needs $. Fox needs airtime.

Again, if Democrats think they have it in the bag w/ Jersey G for the R ticket, think again... The primaries would be a clear understanding why G took the R ticket. R's voted largely for G and they will be come the Gov race, along w/ their (and R PAC) $$$.

With that, I share again, Montana is an open primary state! Democrats, you want to chance G governing our state? Then don't vote in the Republican open primary for Fox.

If you want to make the best decision for Montana, vote in the Republican open primary for Fox. Let Montana residents duke it out for two pro Montana candidates.

At least if you lose, you don't end up with Trump... Oops, I mean Gianforte.

I don't think Greg is running scared,, he's closing the deal.

If Republicans could look past his assaulting a reporter,,, they'll pull the lever for him in the primary. Democrats have their own primary to select a candidate for governor. It is not their responsibility to save the GOP from its mishaps.

I think Greg wins in November, unless Trump takes on a lot more water over Covid19. With the Governor and the legislature in GOP hands,, they'll move on things that they have known they only get one shot at.

There’s been an interesting battle for control of the Republican Party in MT and I fear Tim Fox is about 4 years late.

If he had thrown his name in the hat for the special election that ended up being Gianforte vs Quist, I think he would have won and subsequently carried the name recognition into this election.

A potentially under the radar primary race is for Attorney General where Fox’s Chief Deputy Attorney General, Jon Bennion is running against Austin Knudsen, the former Speaker of the House.

They carry almost the exact same stark contrasts as Fox and Gianforte, with Gianforte endorsing Knudsen.
Here is Knudsen on the validity of public lands. (Why do newspapers let candidates say whatever they want and not fact check immediately after their lie?)F9D77355-6027-4BD8-92E6-5EDBD6457B7F.jpeg

I didn’t listen to the whole thing, but man, I really wasn’t too impressed with Fox. Knokey came across as more knowledgeable, well spoken and familiar with the issues that were brought up. Fox just seemed to pass off to Knokey most of the time and actually seemed out of place and uncomfortable. Maybe it’s just me, but I was personally hoping for more..

I’ll definitely vote for Fox, but I think Greg wins and I don’t think it’s close.

There’s been an interesting battle for control of the Republican Party in MT and I fear Tim Fox is about 4 years late.

If he had thrown his name in the hat for the special election that ended up being Gianforte vs Quist, I think he would have won and subsequently carried the name recognition into this election.

A potentially under the radar primary race is for Attorney General where Fox’s Chief Deputy Attorney General, Jon Bennion is running against Austin Knudsen, the former Speaker of the House.

They carry almost the exact same stark contrasts as Fox and Gianforte, with Gianforte endorsing Knudsen.
Here is Knudsen on the validity of public lands. (Why do newspapers let candidates say whatever they want and not fact check immediately after their lie?)View attachment 138668

Jon Bennion is a good man, sings in the church choir with my daughter, and to top it all off is a resident of the finest place in the state, Clancy, MT.

Knudsen's LTE there is unreal.

Another good reason to vote for Fox. He is fighting for Montana.

To get this discussion back on track- mail-in ballots for the primary are mailed to all active registered voters in Montana, correct? Still kind of new to the state.

To get this discussion back on track- mail-in ballots for the primary are mailed to all active registered voters in Montana, correct? Still kind of new to the state.
Yes, but call Yellowstone Elections office at (406)256-2740 to confirm your voter registration and to assure receipt of a ballot.

Note: Information of this nature acquired through inquiry to fellow Hunttalkers on this forum may or may not be completely accurate and relevant to your individual case.

This is the Republican Primary thread and this relates as it would appear Cooney has the D slot in the bag. The national D's have to keep Bullock looking good for his run against Daines. Yet, Williams has taken an opposition approach towards her opponent, and Democrats in general, focused on our Governor.

D's really need to focus on what's best for Montana. Open Primaries. D, I, R, heck, if libertarians care for a quality R v D boxing match, get out and vote in the Republican Open Primary and push Gianforte off the curb. Vote for Fox.

I'd like to see an actual ballot that doesn't make me want to hurl for a change.

Last week there was a gubernatorial debate. Amazingly, Gianforte didn't duck this one.

Stark differences in policy and aptitude. Fox is the obvious choice, and I am encouraging everyone I know to vote for him in the primary.

Back