Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Montana mule deer

Oh no can’t shoot the GIRL DEER!? 🤣 move to California and go screw up their laws. JLS, JONAS, you two personally, you better hope you don’t tell somebody I know your handle on here in real life. I would pay $500 to throw bare knuckles with y’all you make me so blistering mad with your shitty hateful comments to every user on here that isn’t your little buddy.. pics never do justice- I see 24-30” on a tape measure more than you see your HUNTTALK screen.. which is all day.

Wouldn’t you like to know
I would be passing on that one.
I would still like to know how to measure how tall a deer is. I can not figure out how it is done. I hear the 30+ tall number thrown out there several times a year. Not everyone is exaggerating I would hope. I have a fairly good collection of mule deer antlers and the way I have been measuring them I have a only a few that measure 25 tall. Maybe I just don't have any real slammers.

I would still like to know how to measure how tall a deer is. I can not figure out how it is done. I hear the 30+ tall number thrown out there several times a year. Not everyone is exaggerating I would hope. I have a fairly good collection of mule deer antlers and the way I have been measuring them I have a only a few that measure 25 tall. Maybe I just don't have any real slammers.
I've never really thought about measuring height, but if I did I would probably put tips of the G2/G3 against a wall and measure straight out from the wall to the burr. I have a 207" buck here with 20" G2s I just tried, and he's about 23.5" "tall." His frame is only 26.5" wide.

I've never really thought about measuring height, but if I did I would probably put tips of the G2/G3 against a wall and measure straight out from the wall to the burr. I have a 207" buck here with 20" G2s I just tried, and he's about 23.5" "tall." His frame is only 26.5" wide.
That is how I have been thinking is should be done, except I measured to the bottom of the burr. I am betting the Burris buck is not 30 tall measured this way and his G2's are better than 22 inches.

I'mma just leave this right here. . . .

Does MT have any data on the average number of days people actually hunt? We (Idaho) trimmed 11 days off a whitetail season in one unit a couple years ago from a season that was 52 days long. People were pissed despite the fact the shortening of the season was driven by the public. The average person was hunting about 5 days out of 52 and somehow losing 11 days of season length was just a bridge too far for them

Oh no can’t shoot the GIRL DEER!? 🤣 move to California and go screw up their laws. JLS, JONAS, you two personally, you better hope you don’t tell somebody I know your handle on here in real life. I would pay $500 to throw bare knuckles with y’all you make me so blistering mad with your shitty hateful comments to every user on here that isn’t your little buddy.. pics never do justice- I see 24-30” on a tape measure more than you see your HUNTTALK screen.. which is all day.
Cute.

I thought you were leaving?

There are 15 3 point mule deer permits in HD270.
Last season 2 of the 15 permit holders were pissed because the drew it but thought the had drawn the regular HD270 mule deer permit. They couldn’t understand how FWP had given them the wrong permit.

The regs are crystal clear on this one.
One of them went and wacked the first 2.5 year-old 3 point he could find, just to bring it back to the biologist and show her out of spite. Real classy.

https://giphy.com/gifs/HbkT5F5CiRD3O

This thread went from engaging and thought provoking to asinine really fast. What's the point of being so stupid with each other? Hard to believe this muley situation is all FWPs fault when this is how the community wants to act when it's conversation time.

I agree, You should fight them. They're full of themelves. I'll officiate it.

This thread went from engaging and thought provoking to asinine really fast. What's the point of being so stupid with each other? Hard to believe this muley situation is all FWPs fault when this is how the community wants to act when it's conversation time.
It goes to show how spun up some people can get when you challenge their “facts”.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back