Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Montana Mule Deer

Stubaby

Found a buck opening day so I shot him with my 7 mag. 350 yards with 160 gr accubond.

Little short on the main beams. He broke the one on the way down the hill. He fell so hard all the bones in his face are shattered so there is no way for a euro mount. : (

Every bone below his eye sockets were mush.

I shot a dinker pronghorn too. My dad was in town and had never seen one before so I let him see one up close. : )

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    306.6 KB · Views: 1,102
Last edited:
Here's the pronghorn. Is there any way to post more than one pic from an I phone at the same time or am I just not smart enough?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    372.9 KB · Views: 1,086
Congrats! Must have been quite a fall for the mule deer!

Based on how small his beam was on the other side I'm not sure he really broke much off.

I seem to find the ones with good backs or good forks. One day I'll be able to find one that scores good all the way around ..........

Bart is right. It's elk time.

I took Bart's advice and shot a cow with my A tag this morning. 450 yards broadside with the 160 accubonds and she dumped like a sack of rocks.

Gotta love Montana in the fall.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    290.7 KB · Views: 590
Congrats on a good looking trio of critters ........................... don't shoot everything in the state, I'm hoping to find my way over to your state sometime soon.

I have a pocket full of tags for these. They are very cheap but the fun factor is unlimited : )

Or is it the other way around ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    380.1 KB · Views: 531
Back