MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Montana Mountain Goat- at wits end

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used my two weeks of vacation and spent double digit days and hiked well over 50 miles in that country.

Who here would hike 100 miles for a mourning dove? You wouldn’t?, by gawd that’s blasphemous you pathetic quitter. The machismo and dik slinging on this site is downright hilarious sometimes.
Maybe next year you'll reconsider a sheep application that would otherwise go to somebody that's waited decades and willing to walk a lot more than 50 miles for something a tad bit more special than a mourning dove.
mourning dove.JPGmtn goat.JPG

You do you man I just know when I drew a le elk tag here I hunted 21 days straight and put on well over 300 miles for an elk. I let a bull walk the morning I killed mine right by the truck bigger than anything I have ever killed at that time. I wouldn’t have been ok with filling that tag with that bull even though o hadn’t seen an elk in 6 days. We have all been there mentally. I guess check back in after 3 months when regret kicks in

Maybe next year you'll reconsider a sheep application that would otherwise go to somebody that's waited decades and willing to walk a lot more than 50 miles for something a tad more special than a mourning dove.
View attachment 296504View attachment 296505
if you’re out of time off, then you’re out of time off. But in the future if I draw a special tag, I probably won’t go at all. Just post pic of me rolling that tag up and smoking it just to know how many heads are exploding.

I ate my first goat tag over in xxx when I was 12 or 13 in the early 1970s. I am not sure if it pissed anyone off and frankly don't give a shit. My brother put his x in for sheep and goat years ago and she drew both the same year. Went sheep hunting twice then goat hunting once and killed a good goat. She quit right there and ate the sheep tag. I admit I was irritated. Not with her but with him for applying her for tags that she didn't even want or understand the significance of.

That said, if you fess up to shanking your tent and quitting right here on HT, you had better expect to take some shit for it. When the sting wears off it might make more sense.

Last edited:
if you’re out of time off, then you’re out of time off. But in the future if I draw a special tag, I probably won’t go at all. Just post pic of me rolling that tag up and smoking it just to know how many heads are exploding.
Where there's a will there's a way. You'll wish you'd have taken the time off someday in the future, unless you love working more than you do hunting mountain goats in Montana. There's no book titled "Unforgettable days in the Office"

You do you boo, it’s your tag, you can do whatever you want with it.

The rest of us are just as entitled to think you’re a selfish prick.

I put in more effort and miles into an antelope tag. Good for you cup cake.

You do you boo, it’s your tag, you can do whatever you want with it.

The rest of us are just as entitled to think you’re a selfish prick.

I put in more effort and miles into an antelope tag. Good for you cup cake.
Someone asked how my hunt was, so I responded. I didn’t care about fur length and didn’t wanna hunt in the snows of November. So I went for it and gave it my all in the first half. If that makes me a selfish prick, so be it. Better that than to be a pretentious, self righteous ass. 😘

I don't live out west or near any mountains, I don't travel to hunt elk or moose except for a couple planned hunts with friends in the past. I may not have any skin in the game so to speak but I will offer my opinion. Talking about your trip and your hunt experience was all good UNTIL you made the decision to tell us about your meltdown destroying your tent and giving up on anything in the future. If you would have left that part out and simply said you were out of time it would have gone far better! Again, just my opinion. You gave it a shot, ran out of time and didn't have a great experience. SHOULD have been the story right there. The rest of the stuff really came off as childish and you probably would agree if it was someone else who posted it. Any and all grief that you get from others is a result of this extra information that you volunteered to the story.

Purposely putting in for a draw tag so he can post pictures of him rolling it and smoking it means he’s consciously removing an opportunity from someone else.

Puts me over the top on the selfish prick scale.
That was clearly, or maybe not, sarcasm. Regardless, I’m done with this thread. Maybe I’ll go, maybe I won’t. If I do get a goat, I’ll keep that to myself. Best wishes to you

That was clearly, or maybe not, sarcasm. Regardless, I’m done with this thread. Maybe I’ll go, maybe I won’t. If I do get a goat, I’ll keep that to myself. Best wishes to you
I don't believe it is the not getting a goat that is the main cause of the hard time you are getting. Had your update been an explanation about how you put in 2 weeks and unfortunately you couldn't seal the deal and not been a rant about your childish temper tantrum these responses would be different.

The crappiest hike I did when I had my sheep tag in Wyoming was hiking out about mid-season without a ram after spending 7 days solo glassing/hunting sheep everyday. I had to leave for some work obligations I really couldn't get out of, and I was out of food by then. If it weren't for work, I would have built a fish trap, shot some squirrels, grouse, marmots, etc. to stay in longer, it sucked leaving. Worst part of the 26 days I hunted before killing a ram was having to leave on that one particular trip.

A few motivational pictures from that trip:

IMG_0650.JPG

IMG_06091.JPG

IMG_31271.JPG

IMG_31231.JPG

I have another friend with a mtn goat permit who's just getting started this week. I'll be sure to share a picture on this thread, as I know even though you say you're done, you'll be checking in. Maybe for many years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SubSpider
Back