Montana FWP makes seismic shift in elk permits

There are still problematic things in the proposal like shoulder seasons now being "regular seasons," but this is a big win.

Give these commissioners a few days to get some quiet, and then thank them for listening. Commissioners Lane, Bytorth, Walsh, Waller & Cebull did really good work trying to find some balance, and the chair has led a good, fair & civil meeting that could have easily gotten out of hand.

They all deserve to be thanked for their service and their work.

Big win compared to what I was expecting big thank you to these commissioners for actually listening

That’s a big win. Limited and first choice only.
I thought the first and only choice from how I understood it was only for the the units that were part of the 900 and the 1 rifle district the rest are 1&2nd choice. Or did I misunderstand?

I didn’t even realize statewide “hunt your permit” was part of the proposed changes. Such a mess of stuff to keep track of. The argument for 270 being second choice sounds like there’s going to be a lot of folks hunting 270 when they don’t draw a premier rifle tag - seems like it will hurt the quality in her region.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
troutflys
Back