MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Montana FWP makes seismic shift in elk permits

There are still problematic things in the proposal like shoulder seasons now being "regular seasons," but this is a big win.

Give these commissioners a few days to get some quiet, and then thank them for listening. Commissioners Lane, Bytorth, Walsh, Waller & Cebull did really good work trying to find some balance, and the chair has led a good, fair & civil meeting that could have easily gotten out of hand.

They all deserve to be thanked for their service and their work.

Big win compared to what I was expecting big thank you to these commissioners for actually listening

That’s a big win. Limited and first choice only.
I thought the first and only choice from how I understood it was only for the the units that were part of the 900 and the 1 rifle district the rest are 1&2nd choice. Or did I misunderstand?

I didn’t even realize statewide “hunt your permit” was part of the proposed changes. Such a mess of stuff to keep track of. The argument for 270 being second choice sounds like there’s going to be a lot of folks hunting 270 when they don’t draw a premier rifle tag - seems like it will hurt the quality in her region.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dfair2798
Back