Montana Fwp advertising

8andcounting

So I was on Onxmaps messing around and got a message that popped up “make sure to apply for NR big game tags and permits by April 1” . Ok , I pay for onx premium so fine , thanks for the reminder . Then today I get a email from Gohunt about same reminder and I’m not a subscriber, then little while later another email reminder from Fwp . Good god , they must want record number of applicants .... and I think that’s exactly what they will get unfortunately ok , rant over

Gotta love the advertisement algorithms. Wish they advertised better that if you make a mistake on your application you're out of luck to fix it. Learned that the hard way today.

Choosing the wrong elk permit of my top two. Not a huge deal, but unfortunate with all the time I put into my research.
They won’t let u change ??? Seems harsh . Hopefully you don’t burn points on something u don’t want . I always check my permit choice about 20 times before I hit submit

Would hate to have a decade of points go to a easy draw archery tag or unlimited permit . Ouch ... I know a guy who had 17 points that applied for 410 and drew the archery permit cuz he accidentally selected 410-21 . Which at the time was like 80% draw with no points

They won’t let u change ??? Seems harsh . Hopefully you don’t burn points on something u don’t want . I always check my permit choice about 20 times before I hit submit
They will let you change just not so close to the deadline. I had it happen a few years ago...burnt points on a Breaks archery permit when I intended to apply for the rifle tag. All because I scrolled on the page and it moved my highlighted choice when I hit submit. I didn't notice because it said 410- . The person on the phone said had I caught my error and called they could have fixed it.

I think they changed their policy this year to not allow for changes to be made. I was able to change my application a couple years ago for a mistake I made. Looks like that’s no longer an option with the new regime

I don't think we'll be making any more changes once you submit your application based on FWP's response.

"(4) No corrections or changes may be made after the department has received the drawing application, except those types that can be made without contacting the applicant. These include:

(a) adding hunter safety numbers;

(b) moving valid district choices up to replace invalid choices;

(c) eliminating species choices on those applications that are short money when the shortfall is the amount for that species; and

(d) adjusting party applications to insure party consistency."

It wasn't a huge deal for me cause I was waffling back in forth between a 10% chance and 60% with a little block management I've hunted before and only have a few points. Ended up picking the 10% even though in my head I wanted the 60%. I can apply for that one next year and who knows maybe I'll draw the 10% this year. This is the first time I've done this, the last mistake I had was forgetting to put the 900 archery as my 2nd choice when it was still barely a chance and they added it for me.

And when you need a spreadsheet for all the tags you put in for a mistake can happen to the best of us. Elk, elk B, deer, deer B, antelope, antelope B, moose, goat, sheep... it's worth the cost to have options.

And when you need a spreadsheet for all the tags you put in for a mistake can happen to the best of us. Elk, elk B, deer, deer B, antelope, antelope B, moose, goat, sheep... it's worth the cost to have options.
What cost ? You pay peanuts . Totally don’t want to start a new thread or argument but Montana Resident prices for hunting big game are a absolute joke . They are Wayyyy to cheap .NRs fund the Fwp . And that’s how it should be but the resident prices should be higher - shows just how much Fwp values the states resources

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back