Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Montana Elk Hunt - Now Live, ONLY ON YOUTUBE!

Great video. Any word on the outcome of those trespassers? Glad to see that you were rewarded with a beautiful bull while staying within the law. Already got two of my buddies hooked on your YouTube sight.

Great video. Any word on the outcome of those trespassers? Glad to see that you were rewarded with a beautiful bull while staying within the law. Already got two of my buddies hooked on your YouTube sight.

I called who I thought was the landowner and left a message with the wife. The husband called me back later and told me that he got the message, but this was on the neighbor's place. He told me that they were usually gone on Saturdays (I think he said they were MSU college football fans). He explain that by the time he got there to look, the dudes were gone.

great shot.... I don't know how you held steady after running up the mountain. I don't think I could have hit the broadside of a barn after that.

I have a friend with a chrono. We were getting around 2,745 if you average them, with not much variation at all.

Penetration was great. First hit was a complete pass through. You can see him bleeding at the point of impact when I am lining for the second shot. The first shot was 195 yards, based on what we ranged following the chaos.

The second shot was 309 yards. It hit perfectly in the front shoulder pocket, destroyed the heart and was recovered from just under the skin on the opposite shoulder. Here is a pic of what it looked like when recovered.

Thanks for the good info. Not bad velocity at all for that barrel length. Interesting to see those relief grooves on an e-tip.

How did you know they were trespassing? I am only assuming you know the area well enough to know that the owners don't allow any hunting?

I know this has happened a few times on your show where others screw hunts up. I am curious if they watch your show and then think oh @#$# that was me.

I enjoyed it.

Thank-you for that outstanding video and accompanying informative how-to and gear videos. As far as entertainment, hunting information, and stoking the anticipation for the upcoming hunting season ... it doesn't get any better than that video. Well done!

Congrats on the nice bull Randy! Great story, beautiful country. Looking forward to more of these youtube exclusives!

Nope, I don't know. One guy climbed up the mountain, grabbed an ATV, then came down and started hauling the bull back up the mountain. I called who I thought was the landowner, but turned out to be the wife of the neighboring landowner. Later in the day, I called the husband and he said his neighbor was not home that weekend and the hunters were now gone.
Maybe someone will recognize the antlers and turn them in. Fun hunt otherwise.

I'm on a different time zone, only just watched it, awesome video, congrats on a stonking bull.
Not sure how you managed to pull off such an accurate shot whilst puffing and panting but hat's off to you for that shot.
Aren't you getting too old to 'run' though?!
Cheers
Richard

Maybe someone will recognize the antlers and turn them in. Fun hunt otherwise.

I sent the images and video to some local folks, hoping they would know. They think they know the guy who thought he was exempt from the blaze orange requirement, but a phoneskope image is not something where you can identify with 100% certainty. If it is the dude they think him to be, the guy without the blaze orange is a habitual problem child on a first name basis with FWP wardens.

The young guy tagged it. He looked nervous as hell. He kept watching us as we watched them. He was the guy who hiked up the hill, grabbed an ATV and drove it down to the elk. I am 99% sure that these guys are local talent.

The young guy to the right is punching his tag, while one guy starts the gutting and gilling, while Rambo keeps and eye on us.
IMG_7747.jpg

When they got the ATV down there, they brought an extra blaze orange vest for Johnny Rambo.
IMG_7771.jpg

Funny when Tyler is nudging you along near the top of the hill.

Agreed. I thought that was funny as hell to see his hand in the middle of Randy's backpack, pushing him along.

Nice shot. Nice bull. Nice show.

congrats on an awesome bull. such a fun episode to watch. a couple more months and we will all be back at it...can't wait.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back