Montana elk episode

That was a sweet episode. Loved hearing that "WHOP" every time the lead found its mark. If I remember right you guys were 4 for 4. Crazy how that second bull broke from the herd to make the "double" happen. Glad you got to enjoy that one with your boy.

I thoroughly enjoyed your Montana elk hunt. Best episode yet. Nice bulls, with your son, what more could a guy ask for.

I had a meeting with the guys, to finalize the details for the archery portion of this fall's Wyoming "safari" (Cow elk, Mule Deer, and Antelope) in September, so I missed the show last night. I can't wait to get home tonight to fire up the DVR.

Hey Randy, have you ever been confronted by any landowners while hunting those landlocked sections and how did it play out. I've walked across my buddies deeded ground onto land locked public ground on the neighbors place. It's resulted in a couple of unfriendly confrontations. Just curious...

Great show!!! You looked proud as a peacock after your son shot that bull,congratulations to both of you...:D

Just finished watching that episode off the DVR.

Great episode!! I fully expect that chopper service to have a rise in business.

Now I'm looking at this scenario in CO.

I'm brand new here.....couple of "make sure I understand things".

Big Fin is Randy Newberg?

Randy actually writes on this site?

Randy, I've hunted my entire life.......always public land and OYO.....'cause that's what I can afford and that's how dad taught me.

LOVE YOUR PROGRAM. Love your attitude about hunting. It is THE hunting program that I record (so I cannot miss it).....and my son and I watch it together.

That's about it......I appreciate a program about real hunting....done by yourself and on public land. Thank you,

Grant Bodily
Pocatello,

I'm brand new here.....couple of "make sure I understand things".

Big Fin is Randy Newberg?

Grant Bodily
Pocatello,

You are correct sir! (Said with my best Ed McMahon voice). Big Fin/Randy is the owner of this website. If you order any DVD's or merchandise it will be Randy's wife "Mrs Fin" who will be mailing you your gear.

Welcome Grant to HuntTalk. Stories and pics always appreciated.

Hey Randy, have you ever been confronted by any landowners while hunting those landlocked sections and how did it play out. I've walked across my buddies deeded ground onto land locked public ground on the neighbors place. It's resulted in a couple of unfriendly confrontations. Just curious...

Never been confronted on this piece. Got confronted on some state land in NM. I showed him my map and GPS, and he left with saying, "Just checkin' to see if you knew where you were. Good luck."

Was confronted by a ranch manager in WY while hunting a very small isolated section of BLM. He came over and asked what we were doing. Told him we were hunting this BLM. He suggest that I was maybe confused. I showed him the map and GPS.

He said very little, got in his truck and drove off. I thought the sheriff would be there as soon as he made the call. About a half hour later the ranch manager comes back.

To his credit, he walks over and says, "I'm sorry. I have managed this ranch for almost twenty years and I thought this was private. Have at it.. Let me show you the fence lines."

He explains how he went back to the ranch HQ and pulled up some sort of property records, only to realize he was wrong. He was sincerely apologetic.

Funny part was, the next morning, we are back hunting and the warden pulls up and asks if we have permission to hunt here. I tell him we didn't need permission, as it was BLM. He looked confused, also. I showed him the maps and told him of the even with the ranch manager the day before. He was fine with it and wished us good luck.

Point being, having your maps and GPS in hand and being confident in where you are seems to put things to rest real quick.

The last line of the show reflecting on hunting with your kids/adult kids really hit home with me. Almost let a "little bit of awesome" leak out of my eyes. A big well done to the Fresh Tracks crew/family.

Great show Randy, you have set a new standard for outdoor programming. As a lifelong public land hunter I have frequently been frustrated by access problems. Your bypassing the landowners restrictions via chopper made me laugh.That was a beautiful spot and you took advantage legally. Better hunting through imagination and gps maps is inspiring. Now I have to learn to get better with my map programs.

Looking forward to the rest of the season, take care of your health.
Mike R.

Hunt access...

I applaud your resourcefulness and grit. At the same time I am a bit jealous of your being able to hunt with your son Mathew. I will have to wait a couple of yrs. to hunt with my grandson as he is only 11 at this time. Great show and looking forward to future episodes. Keep up the good work. MTG

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back