Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Montana Elk Council Meetings

Schaaf

The first meeting for the Montana Elk Council starts today at 8:30. It is supposed to be live streamed, I'm assuming on their website at the same location as the Commission meetings. If I find a link I will post that up.

Here's the first agenda.

Attachments

• Meeting 1 Agenda (1).pdf
    685.6 KB · Views: 45
What’s with all the biology and science being presented in the meeting?
There’s more there than is applied in Montana wildlife management across the state the rest of the year. 🤭😏
I suppose we have to have an opportunity to let the professionals we hire exhibit their competence. If for no other reason than to maintain esprit de corps.😁

Good luck with the meeting. Thanks for stepping up and shouldering the load.

Good luck to you on the Guidance Group. Hope your efforts don't end up in the round file with the next administration.
I don't expect them to be discarded. This Initial Guidance Group will not be covering specific recommendations. The next round will, and that group won't be selected until next year.

The Guiding Principles on how the next EMP will be drafted are what are supposed to be decided with this working group. If you look at the 2005 EMP, I expect they will be largely the same, with a possible few additions.

From my count during introductions, there are only three landowners in the group of 15. I don't know if there is a correlation of the number of landowners in the group to not trusting FWP or the process, or if they simply want to use other avenues (legislation) to achieve their goals.

I missed the initial start of this thread. Thanks for sharing and look forward to following along.

We switched zoom to take public comment. We should be live again.

Been following these meetings, as much as I can. Not sure who the real names of folks are on here but am taking a guess that 406LIFE may have helped me score a moose I got last year but I could be wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back