Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Montana E TAG validation issues

I know the etag thing looked great and wonderful, but I'm damn glad I opted out. mtmuley

Reactions: DFS
I think a lawsuit from the public should be in order. Stay ahead of the game. Hit them from all sides.

They haven’t followed the current emp of cow harvest only on over objective units, and this is just adds on. The new emp is going to get wrote without any input from the local department. People much smarter than me could add on but we need to stay ahead of the game.

The app has no knowledge of my (highly coveted) whitetail doe B tag. I regret my decision to download this thing.

I hunted Missouri (the state) for several years, including the rollout of their phone app and E-tags. They did an exceptional job with everything, and I think they should be a model on how to manage this sort of thing. E-tags can, and do, work exceptionally well for the vast majority of hunters in most situations.

I also hunted in Illinois during the same time period, and by comparison to the "Gold Standard" next door, IL was a steaming pile of manure. Well, maybe not that good, because you could at least use that for fertilizer to produce something decent. Dumpster fire? Nah, that kinda keeps you warm... Toxic waste spill? Yeah, toxic waste spill.

Anyways- after my experience with the rollout in Missouri, and general experiences with MT FWP (growing more similar to IL), I had absolutely zero faith in the app or E-tags functioning properly for at least the first year, if not two. So for me, it's paper tags until they get this all ironed out.

For now, it seems the failings of the department as a politicized entity under Hank Worsech are becoming more numerous and more severe, with far-reaching consequences that will take years to repair- especially regarding public trust in the department. And it's starting to feel intentional.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back