Montana E TAG validation issues

You can have it as long as I get a goat tag
2022 has been confusing I say if you have a bow or a rifle it counts for a tag. We can’t have nice things in Montana and I don’t want a single person to feel left out.

So far I’ve had zero issues downloading the app, accessing licenses, downloading tags, or validating my turkey tag. I’m on an iPhone 11. We’ll see how the rest of the season unfolds.

Us early adopters like living on the edge 😉
I think it totally makes sense if it works. Last year after trying to print my own tags and going directly to the office when it didn’t work and being forced to use my replacement tags I’m a bit skeptical. Of course I’m a bit skeptical on anything mtfwp does. Hindsight I didn’t need a single tag I bought last year anyway.

Here's an interesting thing I noticed after drawing a 300-50 mule deer buck tag. The app says antlerless for my permit... guess I better stop by the office and let them know.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220502-192529_Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks.jpg
    Screenshot_20220502-192529_Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks.jpg
    372.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20220502-192903_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20220502-192903_Drive.jpg
    553 KB · Views: 20
I opted for paper tags printed at Spurgin, but do have the app. Have found it handy to have a digital copy of my fishing license when I accidentally leave my physical license in the bino pouch at home.

Congrats to OP for getting all those spring tags (digitally) punched already!

So if I opted for paper tags, do I print myself? Or does fwp send them out?
Your choice but I would walk right into an office and make them do it. It’s their problem at that point.

I went paper this year but I think the app is a great idea but I’ll wait til the bugs are worked out. Hell fwp has been doing drawings for years and still can’t do that right. I know a guy that drew first choice rifle elk permit this year that still has his 9 bonus points. How many years they been doing bonus points?

I went paper this year but I think the app is a great idea but I’ll wait til the bugs are worked out. Hell fwp has been doing drawings for years and still can’t do that right. I know a guy that drew first choice rifle elk permit this year that still has his 9 bonus points. How many years they been doing bonus points?
A complete train wreck. At expense of wildlife. @wllm1313 shared an article where they wouldn’t give out nonresident and resident tag numbers. I hope that wasn’t overlooked.

They apparently got something fixed, i was able to validate the tag last night, all be it showing a few days after the fact.

I had selected the e-tag this spring. It says I drew but still not able to download the deer or elk tag yet. Hope they can get this fixed in the next few months

I just received my elk B and deer B permits in the mail. The paper copies.

I also have those exact same tags on my app.

So I have two of each. I bet I’m not the only one.
Same here, also received checks back for permit applications when I checked the box to donate to the Block Management Program

We’ll never know how many elk and deer will have been taken illegally above the normal amount of poaching that occurs because our FWP will have enabled so many bad actors to cover their tracks.

I’m not saying it will be a huge amount of animals, but I bet it will be some number in addition to the norm.

Reactions: DFS
Don’t you have to have and use those paper copies REGARDLESS what your app has? You cannot legally harvest an animal without a paper carcass tag….? I don’t think you have 2…

Don’t you have to have and use those paper copies REGARDLESS what your app has? You cannot legally harvest an animal without a paper carcass tag….? I don’t think you have 2…
Of course they don’t have two but some dipshits will act like they do.

Validating your E tag is the same as notching a paper tag, and by opting into your E tag, you are not supposed to receive paper ones.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back