PEAX Equipment

Montana E TAG validation issues

Don’t you have to have and use those paper copies REGARDLESS what your app has? You cannot legally harvest an animal without a paper carcass tag….? I don’t think you have 2…
The app and website make a big deal about needing to choose one or the other but you can’t have both.

And then they send you both 🤦🏻‍♀️

Don’t you have to have and use those paper copies REGARDLESS what your app has? You cannot legally harvest an animal without a paper carcass tag….? I don’t think you have 2…
If you choose the etag option you do not need a paper tag. In fact it would be my assumption that you would be in violation to have both while hunting 🤷‍♂️

If you choose the etag option you do not need a paper tag. In fact it would be my assumption that you would be in violation to have both while hunting 🤷‍♂️
Can you point out where you can harvest an animal with only an Etag and no paper carcass tag?

Can you point out where you can harvest an animal with only an Etag and no paper carcass tag?
You can harvest an animal with either. But when you apply online you must choose one or the other, so if you choose to have an e tag your not supposed to have a paper copy as well. The exception to this would be if you lost or broke your device that your etag was downloaded on, then you would have to get a paper replacement tag.

We’ll never know how many elk and deer will have been taken illegally above the normal amount of poaching that occurs because our FWP will have enabled so many bad actors to cover their tracks.

I’m not saying it will be a huge amount of animals, but I bet it will be some number in addition to the norm.
Well they do want every single deer shot so maybe this will help that cause :ROFLMAO:

Same.

I had to go check and make certain I didn't apply for two on purpose....I did not. 🤦‍♂️

I think at the local objective setting meeting, an FWP representative said that 30,000 people had signed up to use the app.

Say 25% of those drew a B tag of some sort, which is pretty conservative estimate. That’s a lot of folks out there two tags

Montana when people say “can fwp screw it up even more?l” that’s an insult not a challenge. What an embarrassment

You can harvest an animal with either. But when you apply online you must choose one or the other, so if you choose to have an e tag your not supposed to have a paper copy as well. The exception to this would be if you lost or broke your device that your etag was downloaded on, then you would have to get a paper replacement tag.
Sweet, I can’t find it- can you show me a link for that??

I just received my elk B and deer B permits in the mail. The paper copies.

I also have those exact same tags on my app.

So I have two of each. I bet I’m not the only one.

I have reached out to FWP regarding this, and I guess I'll see what they say. I did recommend a letter or a press release letting folks now that they do not in fact have two B permits. Ideally, the app would have primacy, wardens will have access to a list of those that have the app, and anyone caught with a paper tag on a critter will be in the wrong.

I have reached out to FWP regarding this, and I guess I'll see what they say. I did recommend a letter or a press release letting folks now that they do not in fact have two B permits. Ideally, the app would have primacy, wardens will have access to a list of those that have the app, and anyone caught with a paper tag on a critter will be in the wrong.
I feel if a warden tickets you for using a paper tag that the FWP sent out you would have a pretty strong case for entrapment.

Reading this thread made my head hurt. Good to know tags are in the mail. I'm guessing mine won't make it through again this year. Last year it somehow did arrive ... with US metered postage.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back