Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Montana Drawing,,

Building points for a cow tag now too.

Congrats Fin and RockyDog, kill some monsters.

I didn't draw my first choice, but still will be elk hunting this year.:D

Successful
2010 ELK PERMIT (xxx-xx)
SUCCESSFUL
District xxx-xx was your 2nd choice for the ‘2010 Elk Permit’ Drawing.

2010 ELK B LICENSE (xxx-xx)
SUCCESSFUL
District xxx-xx was your 1st choice for the ‘2010 Elk B License’ Drawing.

Drew WT B tag; Mule Deer Buck; and Archery Elk

They are not the best areas out there, but they will do me just fine!:D

I now actually have to scroll down the page to see all my un successfuls.

Bushy,

One of the lucky ladies is my wife but the other is just as you described. A single gal with lots of money:) LOL, actually thats for real too.

Bushy,

One of the lucky ladies is my wife but the other is just as you described. A single gal with lots of money:) LOL, actually thats for real too.

what critter forgot to add is that she also likes to be the one wearin' the pants if you know what I mean!:D

Well:
Congrats to all who drew. Best of success in tagging your game!

2010 DEER PERMIT (XXX-XX)
SUCCESSFUL
District XXX-XX was your 3rd choice for the ‘2010 Deer Permit’ Drawing.
2010 ELK B LICENSE (XXX-XX)
SUCCESSFUL
District XXX-XX was your 1st choice for the ‘2010 Elk B License’ Drawing.

I am pretty amped for the Elk B tag.
The Muley tag was an unlimited so does not hold the excitement of the B tag. I See meat in the freezer this year. I know for you guru hunters - this may seem, "meh" as a friend of mine who is a damn good hunter is always begging me to take meat as his freezer is always full... Though for me - I am pretty amped. I enjoy learning from the topics discussed here, that is certain! You guru's hold a TON of knowledge and appreciate your tolerance. ;) A good cow tag for me is good stuff. :)

Last edited:
I know a guy who was so pumped up to bowhunt in the breaks this year that he started crying when he found that the odds this year yanked him outta drawing on a 2nd choice.

I am trying to follow your reasoning MtMiller. If I follow the jist, The qty of tags avail for the trophy bull elk areas significantly shrunk because of the addition of Elk B (cow) tags? I am not saying this in a way to impress an opinion - just attempting to understand.

My opinion of the B Elk tag:
While I do not agree with the "additional tag" It does not mean I must use it as an additional tag.
I think the Elk B tag should be used in conjunction with the general elk tag. I am not for enabling more than 1 elk kill per hunter... seems counterproductive when complaining about wolves harming our elk qty, yet we double hunters harvest ability :confused: - I am looking at this as a means to increase my chances of getting an elk. I can now shoot a browtine or cow in an area that is general tag, browtine only. I am not looking at this as a "and" unless one hellofa bull comes across my view after having knocked a cow. :D

4 bonus points = 700 antelope permit.

With my luck, I was worried about that.

Antelope 700. Now that is a tag worth getting excited about. Seriously, I was fretting about not drawing.

Well I got skunked on antelope as well:( Dang I feel like I got kicked between the legs after all the negatives I've pulled up. Good Luck to the rest of you lucky buggers.

well i guess i wouldnt get too excited about the 700 tag unless you plan on hunting other than the southeast corner cause have been out and have seen not too many goats at all this year... i think mother nature needs to give the antelope an easy winter.

today was a wierd day for me. i woke up and did not draw any tags today. not to be arrogant, but that is wierd for me :)

I cant believe after 23 years im finally the lucky guy!

Back