Caribou Gear Tarp

Montana Drawing,,

GH

good looking antelope. in some of those pics it looks pretty green for the end of July, is it pretty wet up there?

It's green up here, those pictures were from the weekend. Here's another buck. I couldn't get photos of several real good ones, due to distance/mirage. There's good horns in MT this year and I wish I had more time to look around.
Buck2C.jpg

speaking of perfect shots... I saw this guy call in 4 coyotes and shoot 4 times on Saturday. It was pretty amazing. This is just after nailing one at a little over 600 yards..
coyote3.jpg

It's green up here, those pictures were from the weekend. Here's another buck. I couldn't get photos of several real good ones, due to distance/mirage. There's good horns in MT this year and I wish I had more time to look around.
Buck2C.jpg

I am even more pumped about pulling a tag this year. Keep the pics coming love looking at them.

Sweet photos GH. That antelope is a stud! What would you guess the top mass measurements would be on a buck that heavy?

Last edited:
Elk is now posted.

I suspect I am officially hated by most guys who had "Unsuccessful 1st choice elk."

Sorry, I was really hoping to just restart accumulating bonus points after drawing last year. Really, I didn't want to draw this year. I can send it back if you really want me to.........Not. :D :D :D

Does this mean there will be another MT elk episode on the boob-tube next year?

Nice buck GH.... I found this one tonight. Not near as good as yours, but if he cooperates, he will be catching an arrow in a couple of weeks. Should make P&Y don't ya think! I don't really care what he scores.... He gets the nod from me on style points alone. I watched him at about 100 yards for a half hour or better tonight, and he is just a good looking buck.

Pics aren't great, as they were taken through my Leupold RX1000 rangefinder....

Attachments

• 0726APSL3.JPG
    0726APSL3.JPG
    160.4 KB · Views: 294
  • 0726APLSGOAT2.JPG
    0726APLSGOAT2.JPG
    194.2 KB · Views: 278
  • 0726APSLGOAT.jpg
    0726APSLGOAT.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 317
My vote depends on just where you'll be.:p Public land I assume? I'll trade you my one-of-fifty ES antelope tag for your ES elk permit.:D

It will be public land, for sure. Trade an antelope for an elk. :rolleyes: Hmmmm. Good thing MT doesn't allow such trades or you might be hunting in a limited entry elk unit and I would have two MT antelope tags.

Back