Caribou Gear Tarp

Montana draw

With all this upheaval and mishandling of the tags there can be no fair outcome for resident or nonresident this year. If, mind you if, nonresidents do indeed draw a tag and NOT fill their tag there will be a bitter taste remaining. Therefore it would be a grand idea to start a letter campaign to the director, governor and MTFWP to state your dismay. Let’s face it, Montana is becoming, and has been for some time, the “last best place”. So, get active! All this hand wringing and dissolution solves nothing. My letter has been posted. Now, it is your turn. MTG

Its not because of that, it was because the application was thrown out.

"Due to an error in the current licensing system regarding “first and only choice” hunting districts, hunters who applied for these districts were able to submit second and third choices. Hunters who did submit second and third choices on their applications for a “first and only choice” district were removed during the draw. The mistake affected 10 hunting districts and 2,482 applications out of the 83,017 total statewide. FWP is moving away from the current licensing system as part of the administration's effort to modernize state government."
Your LE app would have been thrown out due to the above comment. However, you were never even in the draw for LE because you didn't draw the combo tag to start. If you don't possess a combo tag then you aren't eligible for LE Permits.

Its not because of that, it was because the application was thrown out.

"Due to an error in the current licensing system regarding “first and only choice” hunting districts, hunters who applied for these districts were able to submit second and third choices. Hunters who did submit second and third choices on their applications for a “first and only choice” district were removed during the draw. The mistake affected 10 hunting districts and 2,482 applications out of the 83,017 total statewide. FWP is moving away from the current licensing system as part of the administration's effort to modernize state government."
Your not getting it ….. you had to draw the big game combo first … before anything … the big game combo part did not get throw out you either drew that or not ???

I drew an elk archery permit for a unit that I am pretty excited about. September will be fun.

This is an update for those wondering/concerned that FWP was going to give a permit to everyone that got booted out of the original drawing due to FWP's mistake. Well...they didn't. After the original drawing it showed I had neither a successful or unsuccessful application. According to the 'solution' in the earlier press release I supposedly should have been in the new 'random' drawing held yesterday and in myFWP account it updated and shows I now have an unsuccessful 799-21 as my first choice. I am a resident. This might come as good news to some reading this but also know that FWP has unjustly fornicated people in this process. Absolutely zero transparency and they'll get away with it.

This is an update for those wondering/concerned that FWP was going to give a permit to everyone that got booted out of the original drawing due to FWP's mistake. Well...they didn't. After the original drawing it showed I had neither a successful or unsuccessful application. According to the 'solution' in the earlier press release I supposedly should have been in the new 'random' drawing held yesterday and in myFWP account it updated and shows I now have an unsuccessful 799-21 as my first choice. I am a resident. This might come as good news to some reading this but also know that FWP has unjustly fornicated people in this process. Absolutely zero transparency and they'll get away with it.
So what is your complaint? You were in the second draw and didn’t get drawn. Not everyone was guaranteed a tag for 799-21.

They stated the districts that everyone was going to get a tag. 799-21 was not one of them. Welcome to my unsuccessful club, better luck next year.

With the debundling/restructuring nobody knew the odds this year going into the draw so I'm not sure you can say that. If you have the numbers from last year please share. And if what you say is true that would be a-ok with me, I don't feel I'm guaranteed or owed anything in life. If I would have been unsuccessful in the original draw then fine, wouldn't be the first time and it would feel legit. It's the way this all went down that doesn't sit well with me. Stinks to high hell.

With the debundling/restructuring nobody knew the odds this year going into the draw so I'm not sure you can say that. If you have the numbers from last year please share. And if what you say is true that would be a-ok with me, I don't feel I'm guaranteed or owed anything in life. If I would have been unsuccessful in the original draw then fine, wouldn't be the first time and it would feel legit. It's the way this all went down that doesn't sit well with me. Stinks to high hell.
It will definitely be interesting to see how the odds breakdown for the unbundled districts.

I’m not sure you have a right to be upset . It obviously wasn’t a 100% draw permit . You didn’t draw . Move on

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YakCountry
Back