Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Montana draw

You are wrong sorry. By applying last year he needs to apply for a tag in consecutive years thus this year would be the consecutive year. By not applying points are gone.
Incorrect. This is exhausting. It’s says if you DONT apply in consecutive years you forfeit your points. Not sure why this is so confusing. So if I DO apply every other year I have not failed to apply in 2 consecutive years in a row. You only need to apply every OTHER year which means you didn’t fail to apply in consecutive years. You are allowed to not apply for 1 year you just can’t skip applying for consecutive (2 years in a row) Please call fish and game I can’t have this conversation anymore 👍😂

It would probably depend on who you are, your status, and your connection to Hank and his inner circle. I’m understanding it as by missing a year you lose you’re points, but Hank wouldn’t have a reason to give mine back. I don’t fit in that club

It’s says if you DONT apply in consecutive years you forfeit your points. Not sure why this is so confusing. So if I DO apply every other year I have not failed to apply in 2 consecutive years in a row.

I don't know why this is so hard for you. By applying in year 1 and not in year 2, you by definition didn't apply in consecutive years. It says nowhere 2 consecutive years, if it did say 2 consecutive you would be 100% correct. 1,3,5,7 is NOT consecutive.

Edit: page 17 of the regulations middle column third bullet point if you are looking it up 😀

And I have called because my brother did the same exact thing

Incorrect. This is exhausting. It’s says if you DONT apply in consecutive years you forfeit your points. Not sure why this is so confusing. So if I DO apply every other year I have not failed to apply in 2 consecutive years in a row. You only need to apply every OTHER year which means you didn’t fail to apply in consecutive years. You are allowed to not apply for 1 year you just can’t skip applying for consecutive (2 years in a row) Please call fish and game I can’t have this conversation anymore 👍😂
They changed it … I know your looking online but it changed for this year … and believe me wibigame has called FWP on it ….

They changed it … I know your looking online but it changed for this year … and believe me wibigame has called FWP on it ….
I did too lol 😂 said you just can’t NOT apply in consecutive years not that you had TOO apply in consecutive years. Weird thanks for heads up ha ha. I dont care as I will apply every year but will get clarification just so I can give proper internet advice ha ha.

I don't know why this is so hard for you. By applying in year 1 and not in year 2, you by definition didn't apply in consecutive years. It says nowhere 2 consecutive years, if it did say 2 consecutive you would be 100% correct. 1,3,5,7 is NOT consecutive.

Edit: page 17 of the regulations middle column third bullet point if you are looking it up 😀

And I have called because my brother did the same exact thing
Ok 👍. I also checked that’s funny in an irritating way. I will read that part of the regs again

As to the screw up...how hard is it to program a computer to block out second and third choices when you pick one of the units that they wanted first choice only.

I guess that must be pretty tough to do.
It’s not because when I was applying I mixed up my first and second choices and it wouldn’t let me check out.

It’s been 24 years since we tried to determine what the meaning of “is” is after the most powerful man in the world got his Peter puffed by his intern.
I still think that has yet to be settled, so I don’t know why we think something quite a bit more complicated, such as “first and only choice” will be settled here, or anywhere for that matter.

For people who still act naive about the first and only choice deal
Man you gotta know your audience here. I mean 50% of these people don't know the difference between a combo tag and a permit or a bonus point versus a preference point. We won't even get into the fumbled up mess the MT draw and regs have become in the last 10 years.
At this point it would be easier to start all over in MT. from scratch.

Reading all these posts by NR asking if they should buy a preference point, whether they will lose their points or not, releasing tags, etc. is giving me a headache. What a shit show. Montana needs the abandon the current system and go to a system like Wyomings. If you want to hunt general units, you apply for general. If you want to hunt limited entry, you shouldn’t have to first draw a general combo. Then get raped on the refund if you’re unsuccessful drawing limited entry. I don’t think I’d waste my time if I was a NR.

We won't even get into the fumbled up mess the MT draw and regs have become in the last 10 years.
At this point it would be easier to start all over in MT. from scratch.
^^^ This. I, and others, have given them plenty of ideas to burn it down and start from scratch. There are many other states who have figured this out and changed their licensing systems multiple times since 1974. This failure to adjust and adapt the basic license structure is a huge part of the problems of this week, part of the reason they get 39,000 phone calls per year, and part of the reason we struggle to manage wildlife according what is best for the herds in the specific area.

We manage a one-size-fits-all method, in terms of season lengths/dates/types, as if Eureka and Alzada have the same dynamics. We are kidding ourselves to think useful change can occur under this archaic system that might have worked 50 years ago. Our wildlife is paying the price for this stubbornness/laziness. This week is a perfect example of the consequences of trying to allocate wildlife opportunity in the 2020's with a license structure built for the 1970's.

Creating change within this ancient system is an exercise in frustration. As I told the Director last month, expect me to continue pushing for large changes to this system. I have been meeting with groups about doing such. I will be meeting with legislators about the same. Maybe that effort is even more futile than trying to make progress within the current system. Either way, I'm convinced the house needs to burn down and we start anew.

I think I will start a different thread of ideas to change the Montana license system/structure that would allow for better outcomes.

Edit: I just did that. Here is the thread link for any interested in presenting ideas for change. - https://www.hunttalk.com/threads/mt-licensing-system-burn-it-down-how-to-improve-it.312774/

^^^ This. I, and others, have given them plenty of ideas to burn it down and start from scratch. There are many other states who have figured this out and changed their licensing systems multiple times since 1974. This failure to adjust and adopt the basic license structure is a huge part of the problems of this week, part of the reason they get 39,000 phone calls per year, and part of the reason we struggle to manage wildlife according what is best for the herds in the specific area.

We manage a one-size-fits-all method, in terms of season lengths/dates/types, as if Eureka and Alzada have the same dynamics. We are kidding ourselves to think useful change can occur under this archaic system that might have worked 50 years ago. Our wildlife is paying the price for this stubbornness/laziness. This wee is a perfect example of the consequences of trying to allocate wildlife opportunity in the 2020's with a license structure built for the 1970's.

Creating change within this ancient system is an exercise in frustration. As I told the Director last month, expect me to continue pushing for large changes to this system. I have been meeting with groups about doing such. I will be meeting with legislators about the same. Maybe that effort is even more futile than trying to make progress within the current system. Either way, I'm convinced the house needs to burn down and we start anew.

I think I will start a different thread of ideas to change the Montana license system/structure that would allow for better outcomes.

Edit: I just did that. Here is the thread link for any interested in presenting ideas for change. - https://www.hunttalk.com/threads/mt-licensing-system-burn-it-down-how-to-improve-it.312774/
I don’t agree with much of @Big Fin is peddling but he is spot on. On this one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back