Montana Deer Alternates List

My guess was before Labor Day I would have a tag and that was accurate. I was in the 160s . Over 350 have already been returned. I’d guess they’ll be another 3-500 returned . Gotta remember it’s not just deer combos getting turned in . there’s deer tags coming from the big game tags turned in cuz they aren’t selling them as big game tags they are keeping the elk cuz they oversold them and putting the deer tags into the deer combo alternates list

There's such a real thing as this? A deer alternates list? Really got me scratching my head on this one.

There's such a real thing as this? A deer alternates list? Really got me scratching my head on this one.
What are you confused by ? There’s a set # of NR tags and those returned are resold via alternates list

What are you confused by ? There’s a set # of NR tags and those returned are resold via alternates list
I can't believe people would stand in line for a general deer tag here I guess. I'm sure i'll have an extra deer tag burning a hole in my pocket come December 2nd because I havent found one yet again this year. Next thing I know I'll have a name of 8yearsandcounting.

I can't believe people would stand in line for a general deer tag here I guess. I'm sure i'll have an extra deer tag burning a hole in my pocket come December 2nd because I havent found one yet again this year. Next thing I know I'll have a name of 8yearsandcounting.
I have dear friends that live and ranch in Montana and spending 10 days out there every year is fun - it’s just more fun if I have a tag so that’s why I put in for alternates list . And as for my user name yes go ahead and make fun of it .

I have dear friends that live and ranch in Montana and spending 10 days out there every year is fun - it’s just more fun if I have a tag so that’s why I put in for alternates list . And as for my user name yes go ahead and make fun of it .
Haha I know I know. I'm not as rough as greeny atleast. Good luck this season.

I wonder if NRs are too busy farming this year to go or ? But there’s been over 650 tags returned . This is insane .

I started out at 664 and am now at 17....
Jabber , you should have got an email or notification/ they released more - my dads number got lower by about another 40 or so . By math there’s been about 689 returned

Yes I did get the email. Unfortunately or better yet fortunately after signing up for the list, I ended up signing up for a BC moose hunt. So I had to decline the tag, but did so right away so they can offer to the next in line.

Yes I did get the email. Unfortunately or better yet fortunately after signing up for the list, I ended up signing up for a BC moose hunt. So I had to decline the tag, but did so right away so they can offer to the next in line.
Wow ! That’ll be awesome ! Post pics of your moose !

Down to #138. Hoping some more tags roll in or that folks continue to decline what is remaining because they have already committed to other hunts! We aren't heading out until November 10th, so I've got time.

Reactions: LCH
Back