Montana big 3 drawing today?

0 for 3 again.
Congrats huntin24/7. Looking forward to the story unfolding.

No tag for this household. It is exciting to wait and have high expectations tho'. Lots of fun. I will buy a couple lottery tickets for sheep and moose. If I win good 'nuff! If I do not it is the closest things that we do in the form of gambling. Good luck everyone. Enjoy. MTG

Big congrats to hunting24/7's wife. I wish it was me - but I do think it's awesome that someone with 1 point drew the tag. I see it as a system working.

I was able to go along on a friend's tag last year into 680. He ended up with a beautiful 190 3/8 in Ram (I was along on that trip). PM me if you'd like to hear info there. I'm no expert on the area - but could help a bit.

Just another year of getting more points for me.

So, last year I asked me wife if she had any interest in sheep hunting. I said I know where a good number of ewes hang out in the breaks, and it would be a fun easy hunt we could do together and she could draw in 2-3 years. She had 1 point going into this year's drawing, and I said lets try to get another point so you can draw next year when we'll have more time. I said why don't you put in for a virtually impossible unit and for a ram (680, same unit I apply for), and you'll get another point so we can go next year. You guessed it. I know it's not fair and some will get upset with someone drawingvthis tag so soon. I'm ecstatic for her and so pumped to just have the opportunity to be on a sheep hunt!

Holy smokes! That's incredible. 680 ram tag with 1 point? Crazy. Definitely keep us posted. Looking forward to the write-up and photos.

323-20 mountain goat tag for me. I last drew one in Oregon in 2001. I had 13 points.

Time to ramp up the exercise routine. Also drew 652-50 muley tag, and have a great elk hunt, and a great speed goat hunt lined up this fall. So much for work.

Congrats to all that drew.

Matt

Strike one.
Strike two.
Strike three.

Every year I am optimistic that this will be the year ............ anxiously waiting for 2017.

So, last year I asked me wife if she had any interest in sheep hunting. I said I know where a good number of ewes hang out in the breaks, and it would be a fun easy hunt we could do together and she could draw in 2-3 years. She had 1 point going into this year's drawing, and I said lets try to get another point so you can draw next year when we'll have more time. I said why don't you put in for a virtually impossible unit and for a ram (680, same unit I apply for), and you'll get another point so we can go next year. You guessed it. I know it's not fair and some will get upset with someone drawingvthis tag so soon. I'm ecstatic for her and so pumped to just have the opportunity to be on a sheep hunt!

Congrats to her! That is my dream tag, and these stories are the only reason I even apply. I started late, so it's doubtful I will ever draw but it seems like someone draws every year with a ridiculously low number of points....just often enough to convince me to keep applying!

Really looking forward to a story and pics on this one!

Looks like I get a chance to hunt one of the last moose in the Bighole.

Scouting starts Friday.

Congrats to everyone who drew. Can't wait to see the pics and hear the stories. My wife is currently watching the old OYOA episode where Randys friend hunted breaks sheep for the 2nd time in the last 2 hours.

Looks like I get a chance to hunt one of the last moose in the Bighole.

Scouting starts Friday.

Which unit? I saw a dandy bull a few years ago elk hunting in the Big Hole. He was just off onto private land.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back