Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Montana big 3 drawing today?

0 for 3...tempted to burn my 6 sheep points on a ewe tag next year. I really wish they'd make people pay in advance as I think it would take a lot of people out of the running

0 for 2 for me. Congrats on the goat tag, whiskeydog. Looking forward to hearing about it. I'd love to draw that tag. Had a fun afternoon watching goats in that area two years ago

Story of my life on the draws. The big 0.

So, last year I asked me wife if she had any interest in sheep hunting. I said I know where a good number of ewes hang out in the breaks, and it would be a fun easy hunt we could do together and she could draw in 2-3 years. She had 1 point going into this year's drawing, and I said lets try to get another point so you can draw next year when we'll have more time. I said why don't you put in for a virtually impossible unit and for a ram (680, same unit I apply for), and you'll get another point so we can go next year. You guessed it. I know it's not fair and some will get upset with someone drawingvthis tag so soon. I'm ecstatic for her and so pumped to just have the opportunity to be on a sheep hunt!

Went "nanny plan" for my 2 boys and wife. Well my wife didn't draw, but the boys did. They are lucky to have drawn and I'm excited to be part of it.

Of course, I struck out on the Big 3 personally but would rather watch my family experience success 100x's over me.

No moose or sheep for me. Year 38 and no luck so far. Next year for sure!! Congratulations on those folks who did draw.

I always apply for a bison permit and I made the ROSTER and am number 1610 on the list to be called up! I don't understand that one and why doesn't FWP just issue 54 tags to individuals if that is the number they would like to see harvested just as they do for every other big-game animal we hunt in the state. I doubt that 1556 individuals will be contacted and turn the tag down and I'll be called up with an opportunity to hunt. Is this confusing for anyone else?

David

No moose, no goat. I guess it'll be another season of chasing ghost rams in the Beartooth.

So, last year I asked me wife if she had any interest in sheep hunting. I said I know where a good number of ewes hang out in the breaks, and it would be a fun easy hunt we could do together and she could draw in 2-3 years. She had 1 point going into this year's drawing, and I said lets try to get another point so you can draw next year when we'll have more time. I said why don't you put in for a virtually impossible unit and for a ram (680, same unit I apply for), and you'll get another point so we can go next year. You guessed it. I know it's not fair and some will get upset with someone drawingvthis tag so soon. I'm ecstatic for her and so pumped to just have the opportunity to be on a sheep hunt!

Congrats to your wife!

You guessed it. I know it's not fair and some will get upset with someone drawingvthis tag so soon. I'm ecstatic for her and so pumped to just have the opportunity to be on a sheep hunt!
Didn't see this the first time through. Congrats! Pretty exciting.

zippy dippy here. Every year I ask myself: How will I manage if I draw BOTH a sheep and moose tag the same year? Turns out no reason to worry, again.

Congrats! Lady Luck will shine on someone. Glad she shined on your family.

No luck for me. 0-3. I'm more hopeful about drawing a region 3 cow elk and pronghorn tag. Does anyone know how you check the bison hunt roster? I signed up for it but don't see it listed. Good luck to those that drew.

Congrats on one of the best tags known to mankind. I really cant wait to read the write up in the fall. Gonna be a great hunt. It always happens when you least expect it I guess. Tough draw!

Thanks. I called her at work and t say she's pumped would be an understatement. I work all week and will be out of state visiting my brother all weekend, so the scouting starts next week. Actually I'm already looking at maps and reading forums. I've got a friend in FWP that should be some help, but if anyone has any input. It would be greatly appreciated. There will be a lot of research on this once in a lifetime hunt from here on out. Hopefully I can do a writeup on here That will do the hunt justice.

Back