Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Montana 1 upped by Idaho in Wolf take shenanigans.

I predict a lawsuit to be filed in 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,
,............................................................................................................................................... ............................................................................................

We’re idiots. We nailed the wolf deal compared to WY and MT, until now.

WY said shoot on sight, no bag limits. Those in control said, “no you f****** won’t.” And they didn’t, shut down.

We slowly crab in the pot method’d our way to year round seasons, 5+ tags, unlimited on private, shit load of trapping tags, etc. So now let’s piss it all away. As Nick mentioned, we will be wishing we only had 1500.

Had anyone actually found and read the bil ? All I can find are headlines saying Idaho’s going to kill 90 percent of wolves which is not at all true. Longer or year round seasons and unlimited tags is all I could find. Other than it said spotlights and night vision which does sound a little crazy. 190, 000 more to wolf control board. That’s not going to eliminate 90 percent of wolves. The headlines are really basically bull crap. I still don’t like politicians making game laws but looks like they just did over night what fish and game was doing anyway. They should have let f&g handle it it will be public relations nightmare. Just google Idaho wolf bill the antis are losing their minds 😂

Thanks 👍 funny I didn’t see anything about killing 90 percent of wolves like the 20000 headlines I have seen ha ha . I still don’t think they should have passed it though. Politicians should not manage wildlife
Right here.
30 (d) Control of Depredation of Wolves on Wildlife Populations. Wolves
31 may be disposed of by any federal agency, state agency, private contractor,
32 political subdivision of the state of Idaho, or agency of another state when
33 the population has exceeded the recovery goals of the Idaho wolf conserva-
34 tion and management plan i
n an effort to maintain a balance of all wildlife
35 populations. Wolves so taken shall be reported to the director within thirty
36 (30) days of being taken. A permit must be obtained from the director.
37 (e) Control of Depredation of Grizzly Bears. For purposes of this se

Right here.
I guess I’m stupid I still don’t see anywhere that it says kill 90 percent of the wolves? It opens a lot of doors to take more wolves but none of it will get us close to 150 wolves in my opinion

I guess I’m stupid I still don’t see anywhere that it says kill 90 percent of the wolves? It opens a lot of doors to take more wolves but none of it will get us close to 150 wolves in my opinion
It essentially allows unlimited take and means so long as the number of wolves is above the minimum number.

No, it doesn’t order it, but obviously that is the ultimate goal.

The articles I’ve read stated it allowed the killing of 90% of the wolf population. What is untrue about that?

It essentially allows unlimited take and means so long as the number of wolves is above the minimum number.

No, it doesn’t order it, but obviously that is the ultimate goal.

The articles I’ve read stated it allowed the killing of 90% of the wolf population. What is untrue about that?
Allowing that and providing more opportunities doesn’t mean it’s even possible with traditional hunting and trapping. Some areas like the wilderness hired guns and trappers will be the only ones that will be able to put a dent due to the difficulty of getting back there especially with the 72 hour check rule.Most of Idaho is not open and flat. They suggested we have 1500
I have seen estimates of 1700 the minimum is 150 and the liberals extrapolated more opportunities with Idaho ordering the killing of 90 percent of wolves. Unlimited tags? Big deal 3 hunter/trappers killed by a combination of hunting and trapping
over 20 wolves I think 1 guy may have gotten 30 which is the current limit of tags. I can take 30 wolves per year and hunt year round (for everything not just wolves) I have taken 2 wolves and 1 was in Alaska lol! The headlines are typical bullshit designed to create emotions. Look at the current annual harvest for Idaho at best we are keeping the population level some years. With that said I disagree with the bill and politicians should never manage wildlife. It was totally mismanaged from a pr perspective. Hence the headlines including Idaho papers saying they are going to kill 90 percent of the wolves. Fake news! sport hunting and trapping has proven to be Ineffective in its current form in controlling wolves. And we have a 1000 bounty already through the foundation for wildlife management. No way these new rules get Idaho to 150 wolves

May as well write up the same bill for elk too.
I don’t understand the correlation or that statement at all. Currently hunters and trappers might average 300-400 wolves per year statewide that doesn’t even usually keep pace with population increase. Idaho fish and game was already going towards year around hunting and longer trapping seasons. Having unlimited tags means nothing you have to kill 1 before you can take out more than the current limit of 30. Again I’m against the bill but we were going here anyways out of necessity. Wolves eat elk if you haven’t come to north Idaho and kill 1 or 2 wolves then let me know how we will eliminate 90 percent with new rules.

We can't let tree huggers set management goals or get courts to cancel our hunts. Without scientific data to support their whims.

I don’t understand the correlation or that statement at all. Currently hunters and trappers might average 300-400 wolves per year statewide that doesn’t even usually keep pace with population increase. Idaho fish and game was already going towards year around hunting and longer trapping seasons. Having unlimited tags means nothing you have to kill 1 before you can take out more than the current limit of 30. Again I’m against the bill but we were going here anyways out of necessity. Wolves eat elk if you haven’t come to north Idaho and kill 1 or 2 wolves then let me know how we will eliminate 90 percent with new rules.
The correlation is simple, the same industries hate Elk and Wolves equally. The states are also working hard to reduce Elk numbers. Where trappers and hunters are getting to the wolves, their numbers have already decreased significantly. There are both hunters and trappers that have figured the how to take wolves and are very good at it. Some of the best wolf trappers in the Root did not take a wolf this year because they have none left to take where they trap. I found a lot less wolves in areas that I trap too.

The correlation is simple, the same industries hate Elk and Wolves equally. The states are also working hard to reduce Elk numbers. Where trappers and hunters are getting to the wolves, their numbers have already decreased significantly. There are both hunters and trappers that have figured the how to take wolves and are very good at it. Some of the best wolf trappers in the Root did not take a wolf this year because they have none left to take where they trap. I found a lot less wolves in areas that I trap too.
They need to trap new areas then 👍 There were only 3 people in the entire state caught or hunted and harvested over 20 wolves last year removing limits won’t move the population much. I agree SOME ranchers and farmers seem to be against all wildlife and I don’t like the depredation elk hunts either. Funny thing is I’m sure we don’t disagree on much other than I really feel extrapolating more opportunities into “Idaho bill orders killing 90 percent of the wolves” is pure bull crap. You guys must be better in Montana because existing hunting and trapping was not reducing our wolf population which is 10 times the minimum right now. The bill passed and I don’t actually like it and we are going to most likely get sued by antis. Agreeing with the headlines that were imagined to create emotional reactions will not help us. Our fish and game was slowly moving to these seasons and tags anyways which was the right approach. Slowly not overnight. I hope you trap some wolves this year. I think where I previously had traps could mostly be trapped out but there’s other areas where wolves are still increasing. I’m moving my line which will take more time and money but at least I won’t have too fight as much snow and crazy weather with the season changes👍 if we don’t get shut down 😂

Back