Caribou Gear Tarp

Montana 1 upped by Idaho in Wolf take shenanigans.

I have no doubt wolf trapping is excellent on SOME large private ranches. The private I am talking about is smaller piecemeal parcels where elk don’t belong. ( my local dump was one example). Not much wildlife at all should be in these places and a wolf so far won’t go to these places. Did the elk go to the dump because of the great habitat?

I'll talk to a few other Bitterrooters. There were zero resident elk on the Valley floor until wolves. None. You killed one. I killed one. They pushed the elk. Dale
I killed a cow headed to the riverbottom just west of the Wagon Wheel restaurant in 1977. It was a rather large group. There are a lot of houses in that spot now.

Nice. You know damn good and well why we have elk at the Lonepine convenience store. Among other places. Have a nice evening. Dale

You knew a trapper that has trapped the Stock Farm recently? Any wolves on Tintzmans? mtmuley
yea, kinda recently. Not last year. You mean the 180 acres they own? How would wolves hold on a piece of open land that's 180 acres total? I think once there was a couple that moved through the Willow creek area. Tough to trap a spot that never see's wolves but a dozen roaming dogs frequent. There are coyotes occasionally.

Last edited:
There has always been elk on the Valley floor. I don't know what Bitterrooters you talk too, but your arguing with two that have a total of 121 years living here.

So elk went to private land to avoid humans and wolves. Little yellowstones. Sounds like Montana everywhere

I did, and he died. It was good.
I know a lot of trappers that trap wolves. They are far more successful on private. In fact they think they took the majority that lived there. The fact that wolves aren't on private had zero to do with them knowing they could get shot. Trappers were effective.
Careful Robert. Keep taunting like this and you might trigger a lawsuit from the huggers.🤫😁

Private contractors, hired to kill for the money or bounty?I can never support this kind of killing.
Some seriously bad government issues going on there
Or are they just trying to get things back under control, so things can be manageable.

Too bad FWP cannot do a long-term study using GPS collars on predator and prey relationships.
Like these?

"Less security for elk may make it more difficult for hunters, as the animals could move to more private lands as a result. FWP says it's working with the u-s forest service to maintain that security."

Like these?

"Less security for elk may make it more difficult for hunters, as the animals could move to more private lands as a result. FWP says it's working with the u-s forest service to maintain that security."

Yep. Those address road and canopy security, but don’t tell much on the way of predator prey interactions and movements.

The Bob Marshall complex should be a long term study in and of itself.
We are moving away from longer-term projects — things longer than a (college student’s) master’s project. It’s a course adjustment tied to our new director,” Kujala told the Missoulian.

Or this one. I hunted the West Fork in 2005 and 2006. A wolf trapper could have cleaned up in there back then. Too bad the study wasn't done in those years. Data would have been a little different IMO. Still a good study.

Yep. Those address road and canopy security, but don’t tell much on the way of predator prey interactions and movements.

The Bob Marshall complex should be a long term study in and of itself.
Humans are predators too. Pressure on public pushes elk on to private. Just one part of the bigger picture we are arguing about here.

Some of the trophy ranches Tony was mentioning were brought up in the 2nd article.

Humans are predators too. Pressure on public pushes elk on to private. Just one part of the bigger picture we are arguing about here.

Some of the trophy ranches Tony was mentioning were brought up in the 2nd article.
No kidding. You’re completely missing my point.

Carry on.

^^^^^ Before the edit.

No kidding. Yet this thread is hyper focused on wolves, not humans.

Carry on.

I would say this thread is more hyper focused on politics.
Carry on.

^^^^^ Before the edit.

No kidding. Yet this thread is hyper focused on wolves, not humans.

Carry on.

I would say this thread is more hyper focused on politics.
Carry on.
Bravo…..I can go back and add it in if you want. Or, do you need the “gotcha effect “?

Have fun with you circular argument with yourself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back