Caribou Gear Tarp

Montana 1 upped by Idaho in Wolf take shenanigans.

Bma is a joke
While there are problems with the Block Management program that should be addressed, they’re not a joke. Those landowners open up a ton of land to the public, and some of them are very good hunting.

The BMA in question has produced some big giant bulls, I’d happily hunt that “joke” of a property if I drew a tag.

the past months, they donated a 40,064-acre conservation easement to the Montana Land Reliance. It is the biggest conservation easement ever donated to the land trust in its 30-year history.

I will give u this

SHARE THIS

Family legacy
It was the Hibbards' commitment to both the future and the past that convinced them to donate the conservation easement, which makes up the heart of the ranch.
"This ranch has been in the family 100
The Hibbard family used a new federal tax incentive for donating conservation easements.
While the tax incentive helped them make the final decision, said Scott, it wasn't the major impetus.

"We have a huge tax bill based on the value of the land, not based on its income," he said.
In order to pass the land on, the family would have had to sell some of it to meet the federal estate tax, he said.
"That's a wonderful thing an easement can do," said Chase. "We gave up some of our bundle of rights and we get some favorable tax relief."

Attachments

• 1628223290931.png
    1628223290931.png
    73 bytes · Views: 11
  • 1628223291115.png
    1628223291115.png
    73 bytes · Views: 10
  • 1628223291023.png
    1628223291023.png
    73 bytes · Views: 7
  • 1628223291205.png
    1628223291205.png
    73 bytes · Views: 11
I’m sorry you’re so bitter. Scott and Chase are salt of the earth people, who have provided a lot of hunting opportunities to the public they didn’t have to offer.

I almost exclusively hunt public land as well, despite the fact I have a few very close friends who are ranchers. Some ranchers are excellent land stewards, and should be recognized as such. Painting them all as evil is ignorant.

Now, let’s get back to bashing woofs.

Meat eater mentioned a thank you sweepstakes for support for BMA.
Apparently, it ended Aug 1.

which is too bad because I would have liked to support it.

put me in the BMA supporting camp.

Dont really understand the critiques?

but that is a whole other thread.

JLS can u explain in detail how they donated all those acres, saved there ranch by doing it. But only allow 2 weeks hunting. I was gonna let it go until people kept chiming in. Explain in detail your example. No doubt most native ( can i use that word) ranchers are good people but how did it all go down. I understand ya some block management is very good if u friends or get your name on a list somehow. But for your average joe how does it play out. I used to know great block management, it was sign in and sign out. No restrictions. Guess what no elk problem.

Meat eater is a tv dink. Really come on man

JLS can u explain in detail how they donated all those acres, saved there ranch by doing it. But only allow 2 weeks hunting. I was gonna let it go until people kept chiming in. Explain in detail your example. No doubt most native ( can i use that word) ranchers are good people but how did it all go down. I understand ya some block management is very good if u friends or get your name on a list somehow. But for your average joe how does it play out. I used to know great block management, it was sign in and sign out. No restrictions. Guess what no elk problem.

Meat eater is a tv dink. Really come on man
I was following along, trying to see both sides without bias… I still understand your position about the political corruption, greedy farmers harboring elk and even the tax benefits to those who lend their property to their friends and family first and MAYBE some general public and call it a block management unit… However, there are some dope ass type 1s that I can point you in the direction of, that lead you to public land that would otherwise be landlocked… for a public only hunter- surely you could appreciate that opportunity!?. Rinella is actually a very talented and successful writer and well educated in my opinion and I know he could teach all of us a thing or two about various topics. AND like Randy, I’m sure, has issues with production and all the money generating aspects that come with making a tv show.. quit hatin playa lol

No worries. I didnt think so
There’s nothing to explain man. You have zero fundamental understanding about how a conservation easement sometimes has no relevance whatsoever with respect to participation in block management, and how many weeks of hunting they allow. I’ve sat at the table with Chase and Scott, and watch them actively work towards making things better for the average Joe. But, go ahead and bash on them.

I don’t know the details of the CE, and quite frankly I don’t care. I do know from my outfitter math that two weeks is a hell of a lot more than zero weeks of public hunting

Last edited by a moderator:
Not bashing them. Bashing the system. Iam sure there good people. Nothing against them. But idk some things dont make sense to me. No worries.

I edited as u did. Go figure u an outfitter.

Can u explain how a conservation easement works

Last edited:
No, like i said. Iam bashing the system. Nothing personal. If everybody was honest maybe we get somewhere. My uncle owns a ranch and 2 of my cousins married into very big ranches. Most people are good. But nobody is passing up money. I only hunt public but maybe why i so difficult is because i look at the future of hunting. I want it to be like how i grew up for my kids. Maybe i should just do my own thing

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back