NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Mom's Turn...

Great buck for Mom and congrats on raising a couple of great kids. Looks like they will be bucking for some space on the wall for their horns before long!

Love the gut job photos. I guess I better encourage Dex to get his hands dirty this fall.

Man BR you sure do have some serious hardware. And it sure looks like everyone in your family knows how to use it well.

2007267.jpg

Bragging much? Sure! Who wouldnt. My point is get them out there and involved. Too many parents shuffle their kids off to the TV and video games.

Getting off on a tangent.....guess I'm pretty passionate about "passing it on".

that isn't a tangent, it's being a Dad, and damn proud of it. Your boys are close to my kids age, and I have had him shooting now for a few years as well and it is great to see them do it.
What sucks though is having to tell him not to talk about it at school, or not to take any empty cases to school, and any other harmless shit that would cause an uproar from an innocent thing. Kids don't understand things like why taking an empty case would cause a problem, they just know it is an empty case.

Nice photos and a dandy buck antelope!

I agree with Schmalts, its ridiculous that a kid cant bring an empty case to school or talk about shooting.

Glad I lived in a place and time where hunting and shooting were not only accepted, but encouraged, even at school. I remember a friend of mine in third grade dressed up as a cowboy for Halloween. His dad zip tied the hammer closed on his ruger single six so my buddy could use it as part of his cowboy costume. He also rode his horse to school and tied it up to the bike rack.

I also remember having arguements with classmates over what rifles and cartridges were best for elk. In fact, a close friend and I almost went fist-to-cuffs in the halls of our highschool arguing whether a 338/378 KT was a better elk round than the 30/338.

I was fortunate to have school teachers like I did...I had one that was a top houndsmen in the state of Montana, another that killed 100+ coyotes a year on weekends and after school, and a bunch more that hunted everything from waterfowl to big-game.

Its a shame what schools have become with all the regulations. But on the other hand I dont blame the schools, the lack of proper parenting and common sense have disappeared along the way...sad.

Great pictures BR, as usual.

I agree, the age limits make no sense but like Buzz says its mostly the lack of parenting and common sense that has lead to them.

Not everyone is as lucky as Shane and Logan are to have a Dad like you!

awesome job raising those kids, don't see that much anymore, my daughter is 3 and she already has been duck hunting, deer hunting and antelope hunting and she asked too get a bow for her birthday, it's freak'n awesome, my son is only 9 days old so don't got much from him yet...... LOL....
Matt

Awewome pics. Good on you! My boys saw those pics and were way excited! They are glad to see other kids that are doing the same things they love to do!

Pat, you are getting it right, and living the dream with your family. That is so great.

Not many parents have a passion that they can share with their kids, or care enough to do it. The TV, video games, etc... are sowing seeds that society will reap in the future, and that is scary. I am startign to see more and more of it, in the half-baked ideas and poor ethics, even in my generation.

Be proud of those boys, and don't apologize for it! They are awesome, and they are the future of our passion. Our families will have lived a heritage and legacy that is getting even more rare,unfortunately.

Matt

Matt, You bring those young ones of yours up here sometime and we'll take all of them out for a couple days of prairie dog hunting. I've got some good spots..

Back