MLB

I can't wait till Ross Atkins is fired, by far the next GM to be fired from the AL East. Sorry Yankees fan's but Cashman isn't going anywhere.

You wanna talk sophomore slumps? C'mon I'll trade you Manoah for Julio, 1 for 1 trade lol

Good news though! Ownership pocketed more cash than any other team last year. Including the Yankees! That's all that really matters, right? Heaven forbid they spend any of that money on a free agent like Yoshida or Semien.

I think Seattle will be where Ohtani ends up going. I'm a Yankees fan and some people are saying he will go to the Yankees, which they have more problems than one player even a player like Ohtani can fix. Yes judge is back now but he can't pitch and hit 1-9. We just like to pay players that were MVP players 5 years ago MVP type money like Donaldson and Stanton which I wish they would get rid of sooner rather than later.

I think Seattle will be where Ohtani ends up going. I'm a Yankees fan and some people are saying he will go to the Yankees, which they have more problems than one player even a player like Ohtani can fix. Yes judge is back now but he can't pitch and hit 1-9. We just like to pay players that were MVP players 5 years ago MVP type money like Donaldson and Stanton which I wish they would get rid of sooner rather than later.

Supposedly that's what they've been saving for. I'm not getting my hopes up though. They went harder than anyone after him in 2017 and he obviously wasn't on board then.

I'm guessing he stays in California, but switches to the NL. Most likely Dodgers, but I think both the Padres and Giants have a shot also.

Supposedly that's what they've been saving for. I'm not getting my hopes up though. They went harder than anyone after him in 2017 and he obviously wasn't on board then.

I'm guessing he stays in California, but switches to the NL. Most likely Dodgers, but I think both the Padres and Giants have a shot also.
I despise the Dodgers but I do think he will stay on the west coast. Apparently he has 3 wish list items with regards to where he goes:

1) West Coast
2) Private life (aka not a big city like LA, NY, etc)
3) Wants to play for a championship

So I think he will either go to the Mariners or Giants or stay with the Angels considering they have Trout and they could bring in some young guys to build around the two. I also think the best spot would be Seattle out of those three teams and the talent they have.

I despise the Dodgers but I do think he will stay on the west coast. Apparently he has 3 wish list items with regards to where he goes:

1) West Coast
2) Private life (aka not a big city like LA, NY, etc)
3) Wants to play for a championship

So I think he will either go to the Mariners or Giants or stay with the Angels considering they have Trout and they could bring in some young guys to build around the two. I also think the best spot would be Seattle out of those three teams and the talent they have.
Fingers crossed for Seattle.

David
NM

Theirs no way Ohtani ends up in Seattle. They will never have the finances to support a $600 million+ contract.

Theirs no way Ohtani ends up in Seattle. They will never have the finances to support a $600 million+ contract.

I just posted an article showing they're the most profitable team in Baseball. Not to mention they just signed Julio to a contract that could potentially be as high as $470 million. If they paid Ohtani $50 mil/year, their team salary would still only be 12th highest in the league.

If/when he signs elsewhere, it will have nothing to do with whether or not they have the financial ability to do so.

You guys can wish for Ohtani, if you want to. I prefer the Braves approach of not over paying for a superstar. It’s hard to build a winning team by paying one player $600 million.

Another sweep! This time the Brewers. 29 runs, 41 hits, and 11 HRs in 3 games.
The offense was awesome, again. But they also gave up 18 runs to the team with the 27th ranked team batting average. Their pitching has consistently felt like it's teetering on the precipice, and too often it relies on a late innings bomb or two from the offense. I know there are a lot of guys on the IL that they will be getting back, but one streak like the 3-7 streak they had the last two weeks and they could be unceremoniously bounced from the playoffs.

The offense was awesome, again. But they also gave up 18 runs to the team with the 27th ranked team batting average. Their pitching has consistently felt like it's teetering on the precipice, and too often it relies on a late innings bomb or two from the offense. I know there are a lot of guys on the IL that they will be getting back, but one streak like the 3-7 streak they had the last two weeks and they could be unceremoniously bounced from the playoffs.
I agree, but you have to be impressed with how well they’ve done with so many pitchers on the IL. The playoffs are always about who gets hot. Look at the World Series team from 2021 or the Phillies last year. I hope the Braves are on a hot streak come October. 🤞

I was looking at the lineup for the Angels vs Braves tonight. I didn’t realize Trout was injured again. Dude can’t catch a break.

As per usual, my Brewers have a halfway decent starting pitching staff (with the exception of that Freddy Peralta who more often than not needs an inning to settle in) ... and offer zero offensive support.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tomcat1984
Back