Caribou Gear

Missoula recommendations

River City Grill in Bonner for breakfast of chicken fried steak!

Naps in Hamilton for burgers, chicken sandwich, Philly Cheese. All fantastic.

Lolo Creek Steak house for dinner - Steak cooked over Alder Wood on an inside cooking area. Get some grilled mushrooms to go with the steak and a "Loaded" baked potato! Mud pie for desert oh my.

Fantastic! Thank you all for the suggestions.

Wow?.. I can understand the locals being grumpy about growth/congestion. Beautiful area, but full. I’ll be a good guest and enjoy my visit, but leave Sunday.

Fantastic! Thank you all for the suggestions.

Wow?.. I can understand the locals being grumpy about growth/congestion. Beautiful area, but full. I’ll be a good guest and enjoy my visit, but leave Sunday.
Yep. This place has been discovered. "Again". mtmuley

Yep. This place has been discovered. "Again". mtmuley
For your sake mtmuley I’m hoping for a hard winter, bitter cold, lots of snow to shovel and wind, yup, lots of wind. October thru may. Basically January for 7 or 8 months.. hopefully that would quiet things down.

I really sympathize with the long term residents around here. It’s almost as bad as that cluster ____ from Seattle to Portland. My butt was getting sore sitting in the car just trying to get through Missoula..

For your sake mtmuley I’m hoping for a hard winter, bitter cold, lots of snow to shovel and wind, yup, lots of wind. October thru may. Basically January for 7 or 8 months.. hopefully that would quiet things down.

I really sympathize with the long term residents around here. It’s almost as bad as that cluster ____ from Seattle to Portland. My butt was getting sore sitting in the car just trying to get through Missoula..
It's hard to keep a good thing secret. Next time you are here let me know. Burger at Nap's on me. mtmuley

No breweries recommended yet so...
Draughtworks-best in town
Kettlehouse-used to be the best before Draughtworks
Imagination-getting lots of good press lately for some of their beers.
Higherground-in Hamilton. Haven't eaten there. Pizzas look awesome. Salads are huge.

My go to for food is Tamerack. Beer is decent. But food is good and big portions.

If you do nothing else go to the Press Box. Walk in and say GO CATS!! And someone will buy you a shot. Its an incredible experience.
I'm surprised the Kettlehouse Brewery wasn't one of the first recommendations. You gotta go there. I don't really drink these days, but I'd be hard pressed to come up with any beverage as good as Cold Smoke.

I can’t believe people are recommending the Montana Club.

Paul’s Pancake Parlor, or the laughing grizzly for breakfast.

Notorious PIG, The Depot, Tamarack Brewing for lunch/dinner.
If you want to take a road trip to go to Plains and eat at the Butcher’s Nook.

Just booked my tickets to Missoula for September so of course decided to then search hunttalk for eating and drinking recommendations. Glad I did. Planning to grab a beer at Tamarack, KettleHouse and Lolo Peak Brewing if I can fit them all in :)

Just booked my tickets to Missoula for September so of course decided to then search hunttalk for eating and drinking recommendations. Glad I did. Planning to grab a beer at Tamarack, KettleHouse and Lolo Peak Brewing if I can fit them all in :)

Since this thread started I have discovered the Tagliare Deli. You're welcome. mtmuley

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back