Missoula recommendations

Draught Works. I’ve got a familial connection, so take it with a grain of salt.

Best Rootbeer in the world. And everyone in my family raves about the beer. My FIL is a special fan of the 1910 Smoked Porter.

Just booked my tickets to Missoula for September so of course decided to then search hunttalk for eating and drinking recommendations. Glad I did. Planning to grab a beer at Tamarack, KettleHouse and Lolo Peak Brewing if I can fit them all in :)

After reading through this list I can't believe no one mentioned Biga pizza...or I missed it. One of the best pizza places I have ever eaten.

After reading through this list I can't believe no one mentioned Biga pizza...or I missed it. One of the best pizza places I have ever eaten.
I think someone did, but I concur. That pizza they make with Flathead cherries is especially memorable.

Thus far I have refused to eat there because I hate the name so much. 😆 Might have to try it anyway.

Used to love the old Zimorino’s by the X’s for a “red pie over Montana”.

Thus far I have refused to eat there because I hate the name so much. 😆 Might have to try it anyway.

Used to love the old Zimorino’s by the X’s for a “red pie over Montana”.
For what it’s worth and to help you overlook the restaurant name, I believe the chef/owner’s name is Bob Marshall. Not sure if that was intentional from his folks’ or happenstance that he ended up in MT. Either way, coulda woulda shoulda called it Bob Marshall’s Pizza.

Saw it mentioned a couple times here, but I must second the laughing grizzly for breakfast!! Hunting partner and I discovered it on the way home from our last hunt when we learned MT Club wasn’t serving breakfast. COVID employee shortage I believe so I don’t know if they started serving breakfast again or not, but anyways, we learned that we were missing out. Out with the Club, in with the Grizz.

@Kiwi - Not sure where you’re planning to hunt near Missoula, but there’s a few good roadhouses further afield that are worth a stop if you’re in the area: the Jack Saloon and Trixi’s Antler Saloon. I’m especially partial to the latter as I’m in the area often.

Both are some heads-on-the-wall kind of dives that have good, filling food, friendly service, and seem to cater to outdoor types. Lots of camo and orange at both in the Fall.

@Kiwi - Not sure where you’re planning to hunt near Missoula, but there’s a few good roadhouses further afield that are worth a stop if you’re in the area: the Jack Saloon and Trixi’s Antler Saloon. I’m especially partial to the latter as I’m in the area often.

Both are some heads-on-the-wall kind of dives that have good, filling food, friendly service, and seem to cater to outdoor types. Lots of camo and orange at both in the Fall.
Thanks Beignet, both sound like great places. I'll try and visit if I'm in the area.

You haven't lived unless you hit The Oxford at about 2 am and have the Brains and Eggs! (After closing down a watering hole of your choice, of course.)
Didn't know they still made that. Been a long time since I closed down a bar. mtmuley

Just booked my tickets to Missoula for September so of course decided to then search hunttalk for eating and drinking recommendations. Glad I did. Planning to grab a beer at Tamarack, KettleHouse and Lolo Peak Brewing if I can fit them all in :)

This is my tenth year bartending at the Tamarack. Come sit at my bar and I'll get you a burger and a beer. I'll private message you my schedule when your trip date approaches!! 🤟🍻

It was noted here before, but Biga Pizza is a 10 out of 10. We also enjoy heading out to Bonner and sitting by the river at KettleHouse (having two golden growlers helps with us hitting KettleHouse frequently).

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back