Missoula recommendations

Clam

Relax, I’m not looking for any “top secret” elk locations.

Anyway, I’m going to Missoula for a trap shooting workshop this weekend and thought this would be a good place to get recommendations for a great restaurant or two. I’m not fussy, just enjoy unique places with great food (no natl. chain restaurants, and probably ought to avoid tity bars) good alcohol is a plus. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Neil

Great! Thank you! Naps Friday night and Montana Club Saturday.

I don't think MT Club is all that special. I'd send you to The Deposit or Lolo Steakhouse. Or if your looking for a little less $, Stone of Accord.

All good recommendations.

Cafe Zydeco is legitimately good Cajun, the Big Easy from them is among my favorite sandwiches on earth.

edited to add: nevermind they’re out of business. Just go to Naps.

Go downtown, park you car and turn on Yelp. There are a bucketful of great beer and food places. All kinds of variety.

Biga Pizza is pretty good.
I will second the recommendations for the Lolo Steakhouse, Notorious PIG, and Staggering Ox.
Montana Club is overrated.

The Fox Hole has a great salad bar. Joking aside the Greek Pastry Shop (#1 Gyros) on 5th or in the Mall is a good stop. My choices are Despos for wings, Bridge or Bigga for pizza, Frugals or Hoagieville for burgers, Double Front for fried Chicken, Lolo for steak. Tamarack for fish tacos, Charlie B's (Dino Cafe) has a good menu too. Montana Club is fine, but nothing special.

Last edited:
No breweries recommended yet so...
Draughtworks-best in town
Kettlehouse-used to be the best before Draughtworks
Imagination-getting lots of good press lately for some of their beers.
Higherground-in Hamilton. Haven't eaten there. Pizzas look awesome. Salads are huge.

My go to for food is Tamerack. Beer is decent. But food is good and big portions.

If you do nothing else go to the Press Box. Walk in and say GO CATS!! And someone will buy you a shot. Its an incredible experience.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back