Militia takes over wildlife refuge headquarters

You make a shopping trip from rocky top to peeblo?

This thread has cured my insomnia and curiosity about the local HT happenings...

We have our own little grocery store, thank you very much :D Or, I could go to the big city of La Junta 15 minutes away and go to Walmart :cool:

Based of info posted in this thread: Hammonds burn 139 acres or grass land and are ordered to pay $400000 in restitution or $2878/acre. Then South Dakota federal burn gets out of hand, burns 11000 acres of non federal land and is asked to pay 2.5 Million or $227/acre and denied. There needs to be some fact checking going on because $227 vs $2878 an acre is a really big difference. If the facts check out then there needs to be some serious questions answered.

Based of info posted in this thread: Hammonds burn 139 acres or grass land and are ordered to pay $400000 in restitution or $2878/acre. Then South Dakota federal burn gets out of hand, burns 11000 acres of non federal land and is asked to pay 2.5 Million or $227/acre and denied. There needs to be some fact checking going on because $227 vs $2878 an acre is a really big difference. If the facts check out then there needs to be some serious questions answered.

Do you suppose those figures are based on the costs to put the fires out or $/acre?

Does this justify Bubba Bundy taking over a Federal Building?

We have our own little grocery store, thank you very much :D Or, I could go to the big city of La Junta 15 minutes away and go to Walmart :cool:

Yes, I've filled up my tank at your little grocery store....:D and I've been to that Wallyworld. Takes the "people of walmart" to a whole new level.

Have I ever mentioned my uncle has some "rentals" there in your fine town?:eek:

Gee Cush, I should have given you a shout out earlier. We dropped anchor one night in Walsenburg during our road trip over the holidays.

Yes, I've filled up my tank at your little grocery store....:D and I've been to that Wallyworld. Takes the "people of walmart" to a whole new level.

Have I ever mentioned my uncle has some "rentals" there in your fine town?:eek:

Our 'people of Walmart' has to come with subtitles :D

Jason tells me you come down this way to hunt geese

Walsenburg is like 45 minutes from me

I wonder if my son has spanked your school in basket ball. If you are small enough, then we probably have. :D La Junta is indeed a big city. I like the Texans who come through our place and say they stopped there for gas, pronouncing it with a hard "J". :rolleyes: Always good for a laugh.

One is "ordered" and the other is "asked." If the askers want an order they need to go to federal court and get one. If those who are ordered don't like it, they can go to federal court and get the order nullified. Either way, without due process of law, neither one means sh*t.

The real problem is Article III Courts, in concert with Congress and the Executive, not only allowing but actively pursing limitations on, and abdication of their standard and scope of review to the discretion of Administrative Agencies. If anyone cared then the Legislative branch would increase funding for the Judicial branch by several thousand percent and the Agencies could be a party of equal standing, just like everyone else. To offset this additional expense we need only repeal the Administrative Procedures Act and all quasi-judicial administrative functions. But that's a whole 'nuther can of worms.

In the meantime, those who think a sovereign nation has to play by the same rules as those who are governed, well, I like rainbows and unicorns too. Just remember, if you try to do something about this, through your congressman or otherwise, it won't mean diddly unless and until something is done about that above-referenced can of worms. It will all just be congressional "feel good" spanking of an agency in one isolated instance. ;)

I'm curious as to where the Bundys and others get their finances. I have to work for a living and couldn't afford to take up residence like that and vow to stay years if necessary. Where is he getting his money to pay his bills and support his family?

I wonder if my son has spanked your school in basket ball. If you are small enough, then we probably have. :D La Junta is indeed a big city. I like the Texans who come through our place and say they stopped there for gas, pronouncing it with a hard "J". :rolleyes: Always good for a laugh.

None of my sons went to school here...lol Hell, La Junta has a Taco Bell now :eek:

I'm curious as to where the Bundys and others get their finances. I have to work for a living and couldn't afford to take up residence like that and vow to stay years if necessary. Where is he getting his money to pay his bills and support his family?

I read that he applied for (and received?) a federally guaranteed SBA loan of over a 500k for a trucking (or trucking repair?) business. So apparently he owns some kind of business somewhere. I don't know if that is funding his extracurricular activities or not.

This doesn't really answer your question. But highlights their hypocrisy further:

http://grist.org/article/7-kinds-of-government-subsidies-those-angry-ranchers-get-that-you-dont/

In terms of the Bundy debacle:

"two of the families leading that rebellion had received $2.2 million in federal drought relief funds the previous year."

Last edited:
In defense of the Bundy's, if they really view the federal government as the enemy, there is nothing hypocritical or wrong with availing themselves of anything and everything they can get from the enemy. Indeed, if you can get your enemy to fund your opposition (knowingly or not) then you are smart. The fool is the enemy who continues to fund.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back