Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Mee Oww.

The Hedgehog

I'm not a lion hunter in the winter, but I think I'll make sure I have a tag in my pocket every year now because it can happen during the general season. No big stealth move, just blind ass luck. I was pretty shocked to actually get one. I was packing a full backpack of deer out of the Bob Marshall and ran into this cat's tracks, noticed them heading my way, then bounding off the trail. Looked over and saw this kitty booking through the timber on the opposite ridge. I unsnapped my rifle from the Kifaru gun bearer and fired a heart shot. She gave me a good shot, stopped and looked back at me. I figure it was roughly 100lbs (just a guess though) large female. Fun stuff.
1014009_10201286499663493_1061740269_n.jpg

Very nice but where are the deer pics as well?? One day I hope I can find a kitty, very jealous.

Nice! Had one broadside looking at us at 150 yards while hunting deer Saturday, but Colorado's season does not run concurrently with the regular big game seasons.

Nice! Lucky you had a tag in your pocket, my friend had that happen this year sans tag and watched it walk away...

I didn't take a single picture of my deer. Sad, as he was a beautiful buck, just a little young. I was bummed at myself for shooting him. Followed some large tracks for a long time, and jumped him in the timber with a couple does. Shot before getting a good look. I will say, the meat is great. Had spaghetti tonight. My smallest mule deer stuffed into a Metcalf backpack..
1441307_10201286505103629_1960189991_n.jpg

A friend at the trailhead told me, "Back there, they're all trophies." I should have taken a few photos as he really was a nice buck. It was a great day to be out.

Great day all the way around; pretty good buck and the bonus cat. I pretty much pack a lion tag for the same type of chance.

Congrats on two fine animals! Running into a cat while packing a buck out, good stuff right there.

Congratulations on a very nice double. Can't be too upset with that buck, although i understand the feelings when you take the life of a promising young animal. That cat is a super trophy on foot without the dish lickers under a tree bawling. Well done.

I'm not a lion hunter in the winter, but I think I'll make sure I have a tag in my pocket every year now because it can happen during the general season. No big stealth move, just blind ass luck. I was pretty shocked to actually get one. I was packing a full backpack of deer out of the Bob Marshall and ran into this cat's tracks, noticed them heading my way, then bounding off the trail. Looked over and saw this kitty booking through the timber on the opposite ridge. I unsnapped my rifle from the Kifaru gun bearer and fired a heart shot. She gave me a good shot, stopped and looked back at me. I figure it was roughly 100lbs (just a guess though) large female. Fun stuff.
1014009_10201286499663493_1061740269_n.jpg

well, then you are the only one to be shocked. been around long enough to have seen your dead animal collection. nothing blind or lucky about your hunts. congrats on both critters.

Congratulations on a very nice double. Can't be too upset with that buck, although i understand the feelings when you take the life of a promising young animal. That cat is a super trophy on foot without the dish lickers under a tree bawling. Well done.

My thoughts exactly.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jon_G
Back