Matt Rinella is categorically confused

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not but clearly the people of wyo have had enough… so they are telling us via cuts, which is their right, now where will all those guys go? Will Randy give all the newbies strategies for that. Guess what lots of places are shutting their doors. All I’m saying is maybe we don’t need to sell more t-shirts or advertise more for a resource that is already not available at the scale that it was a handful of years ago because of elevated interest.
They are coming to Colorado now.

But what's the first thing they do when hunting...post to their socials. Look at me.

Is that different than the guy that leaves it in the back of the pickup and goes to the bar or restaurant or gas station or props it up so people can see it going down the highway?

Is that different than the guy that leaves it in the back of the pickup and goes to the bar or restaurant or gas station or props it up so people can see it going down the highway?
There’s still a big distinction between an average guy posting a grip and grin and your insta hunter doing it to sell product and get paid. I’m sure Matt sees the difference too

Didn't realize you could post up a generac quote about your glassing knob on your truck. Strange but whatever I guess.

It's not very different. Same concept. But in a parking lot, EVERYONE sees it. Whether they're subscribed and following you or not.
There’s still a big distinction between an average guy posting a grip and grin and your insta hunter doing it to sell product and get paid. I’m sure Matt sees the difference too
For the first time I looked at Matts instagram. His first post that's pinned to the top is literally an ad to sell shirts. He's still using hunting to make money and gain popularity... Almost every other post is plugging his podcast.

Is it not hypocritical to be backing what Matt says but at the same time you participate on a website that goes against a lot of what he's preaching?

Isn't Matt in a hunting movie that Steve made? Stars in the Sky: A Hunting Story

It's not very different. Same concept. But in a parking lot, EVERYONE sees it. Whether they're subscribed and following you or not.
Except, “EVERYONE” would be all of what, maybe a hundred people max that I drive by on the interstate? None of which can, like, follow, subscribe. And I would make exactly 0 dollars and 0 sponsorships doing so? Apples and oranges.

He's still using hunting to make money and gain popularity...
It’s almost like you think if you keep saying it, it will become true. Even though it is untrue.

We get it, you’re a cam Hanes leg humper and an aspiring influencer. No one cares. #workharder

But in a parking lot, EVERYONE sees it. Whether they're subscribed and following you or not.
the majority of IG/FB/X users see a LOT a of posts from people they don’t follow/subscribe to.

IG CEO : https://about.instagram.com/blog/announcements/instagram-ranking-explained/

IMO, most folks need to stop acting as if participating in SM is a binary choice. If you access the outside world via the “internet”, you are engaged in social media. And it’s only going to get more invasive/pervasive.

Well great, because of this thread my phone is jammed up with Lift, Run, Shoot crap. Ads for flat bill hats and tats. Raptor truck give aways. Guys I don’t know calling me bruh in messages.

I also feel obligated to wear my bino harness when ever I shoot my bow.

He's still using hunting to make money
Again this is incorrect. Idk why you two think if you say something enough times it becomes true. It's incredibly disingenuous to keep saying something as a truth that is not a truth at all. Yet you keep doing it. You and whatshisnutsengineers entire argument is based on a falsehood you convinced yourselves is true by repeating it over and over again.
Like Matt don't like Matt it doesn't matter as long as your basing that stance on a truth.

I probably side more with Matt Rinella in that SM has a far greater negative impact to hunting than a positive one.

That being said, I guess we’d have to know just how sweet the juice is to know if it’s worth the squeeze?

Knowing what these “influencers” get in return for the product they produce would probably lead most of us to understand where they’re coming from with the bastardization of hunting. We’ve all got our prices….it’s different for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back