Yeti GOBOX Collection

marco

Awesome!!! Tell the kitty whipped ahab that we need pics sent out as soon as he gets service on his smartphone!

I got a buddy works at sears.

....employee pricing on freezers.... :D

Just got back. I'll try not to write a book.

Flew in day before season. Weather was crap, sporadic rain. Was able to set up kifaru tipi w/ stove in a good spot. Went looking for moose or moose sign and didn't find much. It was expected as I picked this area based that it has very low densities of moose but the chances of a bigger moose is there.

First few days go by and we see lots of caribou and one big toklat grizz. Saw a cow moose and a small bull but nothing to shoot the first few days.

Day 3 or 4 I called in a bull and got sweet video of him making a wallow from about 20 yards. Sure was exciting calling in my first bull of the trip. He was a nice one with good palms. I elected to pass as I wanted my buddy from WY to shoot first. He was watching some good willows in another area.

Next few days go by and nothing to exciting. Got between a sow grizz and her cub. She was popping her jaws acting all big and bad but in the end she ran off. Pussy.

Last day we could realistically hunt we head out to where we figure we would have the best luck. We call in a nice bull but once again pass. We decide to head to an area where I called back and forth with a bull across the river but he never came out.

We get setup near where we figure he was and started calling. Less than 10 mins in here he comes. At first we thought he was a bull we saw earlier but when he turned and looked at us it was obvious he was a lot bigger. He then tore up a tree and in one of the photos you can see it stuck in his antlers. Dean takes care of business and after 3 shots the work begins. As we are field dressing it another bull walks in. I thought about shooting that bull but figured one moose on the ground is enough for 2010. :D

We field dress it and pack it 3 miles to camp. Took six trips. Sure was a lot of fun packing through the bogs and such. I'm done moose hunting....till next year :D

Well i failed and wrote another damn book, but here are some pictures....

Last edited:
btw the bull is 69" wide for those that care. one of the toughest hunts out there. Hard to stay optimistic when you're not seeing much. But hard work usually pays off.....

Last edited:
As usual, well done Ernesto. Great, really great, pictures.

Congrats to you and Dean!! Absolutely awesome bull there.

Last edited:
What are you doing up so late??? ha. I just bought an airline ticket to wyo to go watch some more stuff die. My MR pack is hungry for more ;).....

What are you doing up so late??? ha. I just bought an airline ticket to wyo to go watch some more stuff die. My MR pack is hungry for more ;).....

I work nights dude. 10pm to 10 am. or 6 am if I have skoool. It's so damn foggy tonight I haven't had a single plane, all my medevacs got diverted to palmer, and my private jets cancelled. Shame; one was nike corporate, they hand out free kicks, and I could use a new pair of jungle ball sneakers.

BTW.. how did the pack handle a moose quarter? Hold it ok.. or did you take the barneys?

Awesome photos, Ernesto. Thanks for sharing them. You guys are studs to pack a bull like that out in 6 trips. Or was that 6 trips each?

Dude, you could add a few more chapters to your book, and nobody would mind due to the great ending and the pictures.

Congrats on another great hunt, and thanks for the the photos...

Congrats to the hunter on an immense bull...wtg on the assist Ernesto. Thanks again for all the pics.

Looks and sounds to have been a great hunt. Congrates to your partner, nice BULL. Thanks for the great pictures, it's like we are right there with you guys. Maybe next year will be your turn.

Congrats!!! Your a hell of a buddy Ernesto. Excellent pics and congrats on another awesome outting.

Love Da Weezil pic. Looks like he is looking for Foghorn LegHorn

Stud bull. Looks like fun but heavy. A good man, in good country like that could pull a bull a day out:D

Your Wyoming is being mean to me. Make it stop.

Great pics and congrats to Dean on a sweet bull! Good scouting, Wy!

So - what the hell is that little animal standing called? (Looks like he was wondering the same of the photographer... haha!)
attachment.php

Awesome photos, Ernesto. Thanks for sharing them. You guys are studs to pack a bull like that out in 6 trips. Or was that 6 trips each?

6 trips total. MR pack did amazing like usual. A couple loads were easily over 100 lbs. I would of loved to of weighed them but decided not to for fear of really knowing. Last trip was brutal, hauled out the antlers and rest of the meat. Damn antlers caught on everything.

Iain,
I used the barneys pack on the last trip thinking i could strap the rack to it. Wrong. Wish I would of just took the MR on the last one. Live and learn I suppose.

Heres a few more pics:

Last edited:
Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mallardman1911
Back