Yeti GOBOX Collection

Man Made Climate Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are separate issues. There are alarmists who like to point to hurricanes and weather events as proof of this or that, but climate change isn't widely regarded to have much impact on things like hurricanes. At least from what I've been able to gather.
Not yet, but generally, because models don't have the spatial discretion to accurately predict anything. The overall theory is that more energy in the system, the greater the possible oscillation/variation. Think of plucking a taut string lightly vs strongly.
But they havent been sporadic they been extremely common for as long as we have been recording them in history?
Have they? At what rate? At what frequency? It's difficult to accurately quantify because historical weather reporting is severely unquestionably limited. Climate is the important measure which can be approximated through annual trends. The stock market always has ups and downs, have there been trends?

The climate changes by the hour since the beginning of time. The difference now is that changing has been weaponized for VOTES...to achieve and gain money, power, and greed.
this is a profound misunderstanding of science and climate and completely disregards anything presented in the thread.

New Jersey, New York, fla. Etc...were all under water a long time ago. Then they weren't because of climate change and will be under water again. We being brilliant built civilizations in those spots. Now we think we can stop mother nature and save stuff. It's all hooey! We cant control the climate.

The climate changes by the hour since the beginning of time.

Weather.

This is a scale thing. You have to think about the whole planet and frequency of events rather than the events of Idaho, Colorado, etc on a yearly basis.

E.G.

Bad winter in Wyoming 500 elk die (local weather)

Development in the west expands, habitat is lost and calf recruitment goes down by 1% in every state that's 10,000 elk every year which compounds (anthropomorphic climate change)

Im old enough to remember when AIDS was going to be pandemic. That it only affected gays. Science told me that.

Science tells me a lot of incorrect things. When I was getting my microbiology degree in the 90's science taught us how long it would take to map genomes.

Point is, science is only a collection of data. The earth is a gazillion years old. We have a miniscule data set, then try to project long term.

With all the science and data and analysts, I still get snowed on yearly on days with 0% chance of snow. To pretend we can forecast decades ahead is so egotistical it's laughable. Most of us sit in the shadow of a volcanoes(yellowstone). When she blows there is no point to this. I sit on the Wasatch fault, for 45 years(my life) Scientists have warned the "big one is coming".

We should do what we can to live clean. HOWEVER, the improvements in research and design happen here. It's fueled by cheap energy. I run a truck that gets 9mph. I'd love a fuel efficient rig. But there ain't an electric truck that will haul tons of sheetrock, in 5 degree weather. There's also not a current bush near my hunting camp.

There may someday be, but if that happens it will be researched and financed in the US.

Last. It's always funny how guys who point out the incompetence of the DMV and Postal Service, want those same bureaucrats "solve climate change"

New Jersey, New York, fla. Etc...were all under water a long time ago. Then they weren't because of climate change and will be under water again. We being brilliant built civilizations in those spots. Now we think we can stop mother nature and save stuff. It's all hooey! We cant control the climate.
it's not about controlling mother nature, it's about taking responsibility for our actions.

this is a profound misunderstanding of science and climate and completely disregards anything presented in the thread.
No it's not. It was sunny an hour ago it's raining now is that not climate change? And If politicians would of realized they could weaponize weather 200 years ago they would of for the same reasons they have done it today. But whatever you can go on and keep thinking we have the power to control the climate. I'm not falling into that sheep trap. I acknowledge there is climate change and that its been happening for 300 plus million years. I also acknowledge that I as a man has no control over it.

Amazing, Climate Change... Even a caveman can do it:

global-warming-mckee-cagle-Oct.-6-2014.jpg

Unable to quote this post as it was locked though this summed up a good overview related to, "Climate Change". 🙂

Screenshot_20190712-124819.png

Solo? No, you have no control. 7.3 Billion people? Yes. We most definitely can impact our environment.
Agreed impact the environment. Impact the climate enough either direction to change the course of history? Not a chance... in my mind the book has already been written. So just drive your truck and do your best to live your best life, and dont let politics and politic driven science impact your best life.

But did it 260 million years ago? No not all. Your point?

Various species have cause climate changes at points in earths history.

For instance when the first plants spread across the planet they removed a ton of C02 and that in part cause the ice age.

Human are a living or organism and have effected their environment as other critters have.

Here is a 60 minutes segment that has been run twice as a potential technological solution to replace fossil fuels.

Unfortunately it is complete bunk. This kind of journalism hurts the credibility of those who truly believe in man caused climate change and are looking for solutions.

Various species have cause climate changes at points in earths history.

For instance when the first plants spread across the planet they removed a ton of C02 and that in part cause the ice age.

Human are a living or organism and have effected their environment as other critters have.
During the Jurassic period when pangaea was splitting and cause massive amounts of greenhouse gasses plant life thrived. Which in turn supported the age of the plant eaters and made the climate hot and humid. These plants then were destroyed when the meteorite hit and that's where we get most of our fossil fuels today that are supposedly speeding up climate change. Crazy how it can all tie together. Man science and the earth are amazing!! It really is an awesome topic when you take the politics away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back